Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I've got 3 crisis bodies and play casually... opinions desired! :D
Old 29 Oct 2008, 00:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default I've got 3 crisis bodies and play casually... opinions desired! :D

Like the title suggests, I have 3 crisis suits and want to build a balanced army that I can use. I got back into Warhammer 40k over the summer buying a Tau Starter Army and getting a good deal on a hammerhead, 2 extra crisis suits and an extra squad of Stealth suits. I've decided what to do with the majority of my models, but the crisis suits have been a tough choice for me. Namely the crisis commander model.

1. What would you do with a crisis model which you have to make into a commander?

2. Also, What would you do with the other two crisis models?

I was planning on making the commander a Shas'O wielding a Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle and a shield gen (Helios?) initially, but I decided to add a missile pod and remove the idea of having a shield generator, because a 4+ is too risky to take when most shots that need an invulnerable save can be taken with Shield drones.

As far as the other two crisis, I wanted to make one into a deathrain model with two marker drones and the other into a Broadside, because I have many extra parts left over from my old army which I accidently melted.

Anyhow, let me know what you would do! As well as Jesus!

Macc out~
Macc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 00:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: I've got 3 crisis bodies and play casually... opinions desired! :D

I am probably going to regret asking this but how the hell does someone accidently melt an army???? :P
Old 29 Oct 2008, 01:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

when someone doesnt get enough melting the dice to show the others, they start then disciplining the others, hoping future recruits learn a thing or two.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 04:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Use magnets! The rare-earth ones are better than the ones that this thread starts with.

If you only have 3 suits, definitely magnetise them. That way you can play around with all different configs and tailor them to your opponents etc.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 06:33   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishing
I am probably going to regret asking this but how the hell does someone accidently melt an army???? :P
Well, I was trying to remove the paint and start over fresh with a new design and paint scheme in mind. Unfortunately the moron at the hardware store didn't know what he was talking about when I asked him whether or not the paint remover he gave me would ruin plastic... Needless to say, He said it wouldn't. I had already tried a ton of different methods to try and remove the paint, but none of them worked. So yes, accidentally I melted my almost entire plastic army...

Say goodbye to all those years of my parents hardly disposable income.
Macc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 11:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

There's actually a quick and simple, if slightly time consuming, method of removing paint that requires little more than a trip down to your local supermarket. It requires an empty ice-cream container (2 litre tubs work best), and a large amount of the household cleaner "Simple Green". It takes quite a bit of deep soaking (leave 'em in for at least a few days) and then some scrubbing with an old toothbrush, but it will remove 99% of the paint on the model, without damaging plastic. Sometimes it doesn't even penetrate the undercoat if you fish them out too soon. (can be advantageous if you don't want to undercoat everything again though.)

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 18:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishing
Well, I was trying to remove the paint and start over fresh with a new design and paint scheme in mind. Unfortunately the moron at the hardware store didn't know what he was talking about when I asked him whether or not the paint remover he gave me would ruin plastic... Needless to say, He said it wouldn't. I had already tried a ton of different methods to try and remove the paint, but none of them worked. So yes, accidentally I melted my almost entire plastic army...

Say goodbye to all those years of my parents hardly disposable income.
Don't blame the guy at the hardware store. If GW didn't use such terrible materials, their models wouldn't be so easy to destroy. (I've had a few of mine melt as well.)
Old 30 Oct 2008, 02:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Also, when you said plastic, he probably thought of the sorts of plastic that, well, hardware people use. They're some different to GW's models. I don't know exactly what the little army men are made of but given that I glue mine together with polystyrene cement, which works by melting them... I only trust the word of wargame-shop-assistants, and always, always test noxious chemicals on a piece of sprue.

I had one disaster years ago when GW was changing their line, I think it was towards the end of 2nd ed when they started (gasp!) releasing models that could be assembled in more than one position, and they started using a new polymer. My tried and tested chemicals melted my new bodies -.- Most unimpressive.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 06:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to wind777

Well you can always run a shas'o 2 bodyguards and 6 shield drones and make them fireknifes. Although this might cost alot its going to be able to take on some really nasty fire before going down. Even with 2 shield drones i never have a problem with my commander dieing anymore. If your just running suits, fireknifes are the best because they are so well balanced. Need some transport killing power? U got it, need power armor/terrmy killing power you got it and most impotently you got range 24" min. Fireknife offers everything your standard firewarriors are lacking. The only thing else you need is a railgun (HH or Broadsides).
wind777 is offline   Reply With Quote