Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bat Rep Tau vs Orks 1000pts
Old 18 Oct 2008, 15:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Bat Rep Tau vs Orks 1000pts

OK, i have just finished a 1000pt battle and it went quite well, the two armies set up either end of a long valley meaning models could only flee to the nearest short table edge, the battlefield was 6' long and 3-4' wide, each army set up along a short table edge, the battle was an annihilation mission, the army lists were as follows

Tau
Shas'O with plasma rifle, missile pod, shield generator, iridium armour & stimulant injector
2x 12 fws, shas'ui, markerlight, bonding knife, grenades (EMPs and photons)
XV88 with Adv SS, hw drone controller and 2 shield drones
3 XV8s, fusion blasters, missile pods and multi trackers, shas'vre, bonding knife
8 pathfinders, shas'ui, bonding knife, warfish (devilfish with SMS), disruption pod, flechette dischargers

Orks (not sure on exact wargear but here goes)
Warboss with t-l shoota and eavy armour
big mek with KFF and skorcha
6 tankbustas, 2 bomb squigs, nob with power klaw, trukk with rokkits
8 burna boyz
20 shootas nob, power klaw, 2 big shootas
3 warbikers, nob, power klaw
killa kan with big shoota

Turn 1
the orks went first and all moved forwards, the trukk with tankbustas moved flat out and the bikers turbocharged, all footsloggers ran, no shooting or combat

Tau, XV8s and Shas'o moved ahead, pathfinders in fish sped off towards cover near the centre of the board, the only shooting was the XV88 who missed the trukk and in the assault phase, all models in XV8 armour moved further towards cover

Turn 2
the orks all moved forwards again and didn't do anything else but run this turn either although the bikes and trukk were getting quite close

the XV8s jumped onto some impassable terrain and killed 1 biker, the other 2 fled back towards their board edge
the commander also reached cover and shot the trukk and it exploded, killing 1 passenger but failing to pin the rest
the XV88 shot the killa kan taking out its DCCW, in the assault phase all XV8s jumped back into cover

Turn 3
the main ork force ran to get quite close and the tankbustas recovered enough to shoot at (but fail to hit) the warfish which the pathfinders had just jumped out of

the XV8 team did another JSJ, this time taking out 3 burna boyz and a big mek
the commander shot 1 tankbusta, killing it and the pathfinders fired to bring the Warboss down to 1 Wound early on

Turn 4
the vast ork mob moved and then shot at the pathfinders killing all 8 and the tankbustas yet again failed to hit the fish
the killa kan got into combat with my XV8 team but the combat caused no wounds on the XV8s but did destroy the big shoota on the kan,
the warbikers rallied and turbo-boosted around towards the rest of the boyz

the XV8s managed to immobilise the killa kan who dealt a wound to a battlesuit in return
the fire warriors decided that sitting right at the back and waiting wouldn't accomplish anything so they ran forwards as fast as possible
the shas'o attacked the burna boyz leaving 3

Turn 5
the 3 burna boyz got into combat with the XV8s and used the burnas as power weapons killing one battlesuit and wounding another, the battlesuits failed their morale test and fled the combat only to be run down by the burna boyz
the large boyz mob moved towards the Shas'o and the nob fired his slugga through the window of the ruin, it wounded the battlesuit but his Iridium armour saved that wound, they then assaulted him but only the nob and the 2 big shootas were actually fighting him, the others were too far away
the bikers sped towards the tau lines using their turbo boosters again

the tau fire warriors of 1 unit destroyed the bikers and the other unit destroyed the burna boys, the shas'o killed the 2 big shootas but lost a wound to the nob's power klaw

I rolled a 5 which allowed us to have at least 1 more turn

Turn 6
the tankbustas failed to hit the fire warriors and no other orks did anything that turn

the shas'o killed the nob which made the orks fail the combat
one unit of fire warriors killed the tankbustas, the XV88 failed to destroy the killa kan which stood immobile in the middle of the table but the other fire warrior team finished it off

a 2 was rolled to continue so the game ended 6-2 to the Tau

man of the match, the shas'o who is almost indestructible with that wargear
Old 20 Oct 2008, 18:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Bat Rep Tau vs Orks 1000pts

Is no-one replying, 26 views isn't really much, it's like no one reads battle reports anymore

is there anything anyone would have done differently in this battle, i would have moved my fire warriors earlier on to get a decent kill rate early on and I might have deep-striked my battlesuits
Old 26 Oct 2008, 16:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

OK, just had a re-match and the only change to army lists was the orks dropped the big mek for a battlewagon
the ork boys went in the battle wagon, the tankbustas went in the trukk and the warboss went on foot with the burnas

Turn 1
Tau go 1st
fire warrior squad 1 get into devilfish and move onto a building in the middle of the board
squad 2, pathfinders and shas'o move forwards
XV88 shoots battlewagon and it explodes killing a few boyz

ork boyz get out of difficult terrain, bikes turboboost towards tau, trukk cruises forwards but fails to hit anything with its rokkit launcher, everything else runs

Turn 2
devilfish maneuvers and fire warriors disembark
other squad moves further forward
pathfinders and shas'O merge fire power and destroy all 3 bikers

trukk moves futher forwards and tankbustas disembark but fail to damage devilfish
boyz, burnas and killa kan run forwards

Turn 3
devilfish moves away from fire warriors 1 who maneuvre and destroy the burnas, they also take a wound off the warboss
massed firing destroys both weapons on the killa kan and stun it

orks keep moving forwards, the boyz and warboss fire at a fire warrior squad and then charge it, all fire warriors are destroyed
tankbustas all fire at the devilfish and throw 2 bomb squigs at it but only stun it

turn 5
XV8s deep strike
shas'o fires at then gets in combat with the warboss and annihalates him
fire warriors kill all tankbustas and pathfinders blow up the trukk

the ork boys (the only orks left) fire at and then charge the pathfinders killing all but 1

turn 6
fire warriors kill ork boyz
Old 26 Oct 2008, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't triple post to get views...

The ork player wasn't very wise in his army choice. A fast army or horde could really have tipped the balence here. It seemed like the tau didn't really have to die in combat in this one.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 21:37   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

Just a little Rule's Nitpick here, but in your first match with the Shas'O versus the Nob. Your Shas'O should have been dead. The Nob's strength was 9, and he wounded you once without a save which would have instantly killed your Shas'O, as opposed to him just taking a single wound.

I also have to agree with scar face on both accounts, please don't triple post in order to get replies, only double-post in your own topic if you have something important to add (so, for example, the next battle report would have been acceptable.)

Another thing to do is look spend some time and take a look at your opponent's list, write it down if you want to after the game, and that way we can point out anything that should or shouldn't have happened. Another element to writing battle reports is the map making element so that people can follow the game more easily, or just using pictures.

But, congratulations on the pair of wins you managed to nab yourself, just wait until the Ork player gets more experience though, we can be incredibly devilish when it comes to experienced players :P
Old 26 Oct 2008, 21:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammerz
Is no-one replying, 26 views isn't really much, it's like no one reads battle reports anymore

is there anything anyone would have done differently in this battle, i would have moved my fire warriors earlier on to get a decent kill rate early on and I might have deep-striked my battlesuits
I was hoping for pics of the battle or something bro. It really does help make it more presentable.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 08:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Good luck in the future with your reports, and trust me, people LOVE pictures.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 09:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

going to agree with the picture point. I don't typically read battle reports without pictures.

emmagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 16:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

OK next time i will try and find a camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Just a little Rule's Nitpick here, but in your first match with the Shas'O versus the Nob. Your Shas'O should have been dead. The Nob's strength was 9, and he wounded you once without a save which would have instantly killed your Shas'O, as opposed to him just taking a single wound.
Actually it was a big choppa not a power klaw so it was strength 7 and thus unable to cause instant death on a crisis suit

and a warboss not a nob