Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commander Crisis suit weapons config
Old 15 Oct 2008, 05:47   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Commander Crisis suit weapons config

Im kinda looking for a way to make my commander stand out from the rest of my battlesuits so i was wondering if a three weapon hardwired multi tracker suit is legal, or do one of the three hard points have to be filled by a support system.

this is the kinda suit i was thinking of.

Shas'o
plasma rifle, missile pods, fusion blaster, hard wired multi tracker, hard wired drone controller 2 shield drones
iunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 10:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Commander Crisis suit weapons config

it's legal to equip a crisis suit with 3 weapons, but even with a hardwired multi-tracker it will only be able to fire 2 weapons each turn. There are no standard rules for any way to fire 3 weapons at once. Even Monstrous Creatures can't do that!

The build you mentioned is legal, you just have to decide which 2 weapons he will fire each round.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 12:15   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

drop the fusion blaster and twin link the plasma rifles? it sounds crazy, but if you really need to kill someone, it's not fun to roll that 1

- Ghizza, Warboss of Dem Easta Fringe Purpa Krumpaz
mindscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 13:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindscape
drop the fusion blaster and twin link the plasma rifles? it sounds crazy, but if you really need to kill someone, it's not fun to roll that 1
Honestly, I think that twin linking anything (except flamers, which are hardly ever used) on a Shas'o is pointess: he has BS 5.

However, I have done it once. But that was only because I really, really needed to take something out.
Originally Posted by monocleman
... :'(
Awww, don't cry! There, there. You'll mist up your monocle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
Games workshop hurts babies. >
monocleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 19:35   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i think if i can only fire to weapons i think i would rather take a shield generator. i useally run with a plasma rifle cyclic ion blaster combo, but i am very unlucky with the cyclis ion blaster Ive rolled a 6 4 times in 5 games. I'm thinking of switching to plasma rifle fusion blaster so its more reliable.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 20:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

I would not be so quick to dismiss the Sunfire suit (The plasma, missile pod and fusion combo) because you combine in one suit the Fireknife (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod), Helios(Plasma Rifle + Fusion Blaster) and Firesurge (Missile Pod + Fusion Blaster) giving your Shas'O a great flexibility not found in other suits and enabling you to tailor his use depending on the fow you are facing.

I agree that Twin-linking for a Shas'O is a waste because the increase provided is insignificant at this point.

Now back to the Sunforge

-The fireknife Aspect: This is a descent take-all configuration, that is very useful if you do not know who you will face it usually perform well against a variety of enemy -GEQ mostly, mid to light armour tank and MEQ too.

Range wise:
0-12" gives you 4 shots (2 good VS MEQ, 4 good VS GEQ/light tanks)
12-24" gives you 3 shots (1 good VS MEQ, 3 good VS GEQ/light tank)
24"-36" gives you two shoot that are mostly good VS light-mid tank and GEQ.

The Helios aspect: Great Tank killer, this configuration is recommanded with Deepstriking (bring in your pathfinder devil fish to improve the landing). you drop behind and just waste them. It's not bad against small units with excellent armour save too but it forces you to be close though which can be risky.

Rangewise:
0-12" 3 shots that are devastating against any troops, and most tank...slim change ot hit a monolith or Land raider too.
12"-24" 1 shot only but great against troop and light tank if you score a hit.

The firesurge aspect: This is probably the least ued configuration but it is still quite useful to have if you face a lot of tanks, walkers and piranha. It can affact most mid range tank and have a very good range too. This is also another configuration that can be used while deepstriking agaibst tankd, you get a short range you fire everything otherwise, only the missile pod fires.

Range wise:
0-12" 3 shots good against tank and GEQ, only 1 good shoot VS TEQ/MEQ though
12"-36" 2 shots good versus light-mid tank and GEQ.

Obviously alone this suit doesn't do much, but backed with most type of au army and you have a commander that can be a real pain in the D'yi to virtually any type of troops/every army.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 21:35   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sweet thanks bonegaurd you have convinced me to use the sunfire suite eheh. i didnt realy thin about the versatility the shas'o could have with the different weapon types... i was kinda thinkin whao could i have 5 strength 6+ shots at 12 inches heh.

I love the idea of haveing the versatility to take out pretty much anything and its pretty much the same cost as if i use a shield generator anyways eheh.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 06:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Y'know I did the sunfire configuration. Honestly it was ok. It gave some flexibility but generally I find the hardwired wargear to give more of a benefit. Shield generators and targetting arrays and such. But to each his own I guess.

I hope this works out for you though. It's a fun configuration that most people dont even realize is legal.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote