Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

marker drones
Old 13 Oct 2008, 05:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default marker drones

Are marker Drones Relentless? I've been milling about it, and I did find that models in equipped with the Jet Pack are relentless per the BRB, but what about Drones.
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2008, 05:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean
Default Re: marker drones

This has been clarified for a little bit but if you're new to the forum then I'll help you out.

Drones take on the characteristics of the unit that they join. If they join crisis suit or stealth suit teams then they become jump infantry (jetpack) and are thusly relentless. If they join a team of fire warriors, pathfinders, broadsides or any other regular infantry then they are considered Infantry.

So if you want to move and markerlight targets then have your drones join crisis or stealth suit teams. If you're looking to run a stationary gunline but want some extra accuracy then you can have them join regular infantry but you cant move and shoot the marker light.

Hope that cleared things up.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2008, 05:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

yup, thanks a ton. I looked for it with the search option...didn't yield the answer. Thanks for the help.
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2008, 05:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKTerminator
yup, thanks a ton. I looked for it with the search option...didn't yield the answer. Thanks for the help.
You're very welcome. I just noticed you're not new to the forum.... sorry there. I didn't even look. But anyway, the best way to take advantage of this is to give your stealth teams marker drones. You can move and markerlight targets at the same time and with stealth field generators it makes it incredibly difficult for your opponent to shut them up at maximum range. I find it to be helpful.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote