Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stealth suit gear, ML drones, and JRJ?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 14:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Stealth suit gear, ML drones, and JRJ?

Stealth suits and there gear. Says in the codex you can equip each with a different support system, but not necessarily the same. Does this mean I can have all of them with drone controllers and have a 6 man stealth suit team with 12 gun drones in it? Or 1 stealth suit with a target lock + fusion blaster, and two others with TA and burst cannons?

And has the markerlight drones firing after moving ever been resolved?

Also I got into an argument with a friend about crisis suits being able to jump, run, jump. I found it unfair that they are an "infantry" and just cause they have jet packs he said they couldn't. I know they aren't described as fleet, but they also don't necessarily count as assaulting in the assault phase.

*Added*
What good now is a command and control node?
Ekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2008, 15:06   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Stealth suit gear, ML drones, and JRJ?

Quote:
Stealth suits and there gear. Says in the codex you can equip each with a different support system, but not necessarily the same. Does this mean I can have all of them with drone controllers and have a 6 man stealth suit team with 12 gun drones in it? Or 1 stealth suit with a target lock + fusion blaster, and two others with TA and burst cannons?
To the best of my great knowledge yes. You can give them whatever you want, though preferably you don't want a fusion blaster in the squad and neither do you want to put support systems on them unless you are adding drones to the unit due to the cost of the unit.

Quote:
And has the markerlight drones firing after moving ever been resolved?
Models with jetpacks have relentless. If you have the new rulebook, which I suggest you get you can see it's been resolved and that they can move and fire.

Quote:
Also I got into an argument with a friend about crisis suits being able to jump, run, jump. I found it unfair that they are an "infantry" and just cause they have jet packs he said they couldn't. I know they aren't described as fleet, but they also don't necessarily count as assaulting in the assault phase.
I'm not sure why you want to run instead of shooting. As far as the situation I'm not sure what to say on it.

Quote:
What good now is a command and control node?
According to all the posts I've read. Nothing, its no good anymore.
Pathofskulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2008, 15:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

1) all stealthsuits may choose whatever support systems they please, so long as all or none of them have one.

2) Markerlights attached to units with jetpacks may fire on the move, they may not fire on the move if attached to basic infantry

as for the other two things I'm afraid I cannot currently answer them

edit: Damn, ninja'd
Old 12 Oct 2008, 20:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Jump-run-jump is perfectly legal provided you don't use your assault phase move to enter combat
Old 12 Oct 2008, 23:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

To confirm

1) Yes you may give a piece of hardwired wargear to every suit in a stealth squad. They may all be the same or they may all be different. But if you give 1 stealth suit a support system then you must give them all a support system.

2) Markerlights with stealth suits absolutely can fire. It's a heavy weapons and stealth suits are now relentless. Relentless allows you to move as normal and fire heavy weapons.

3) Crisis and stealth suits absolutely can run. Anything with a jetpack can run. They can also move in the assault phase. The problem is that they cant use their assault move to actually assault. But as per the codex the always get their assault move. the only situation where they dont get one is if they deepstrike because the codex specifically says so.

4) The command & control node is a useless piece of wargear. It applies to a rule that no longer exists.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote