Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

brand new tau units
View Poll Results: what should the gw guys come out with next for tau?
better battle suits? 31 26.27%
better fire warriors? 36 30.51%
better tanks? 9 7.63%
new allys? 36 30.51%
new titans? 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05 Oct 2008, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default brand new tau units

exaclly what it says and i just asking what people want in the line of new tau ;D
Old 05 Oct 2008, 05:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: brand new tau units

I want to see the allies of the Tau be better represented. I know that the Tau are supposed to be the focus of there army, but fluff wise they have all these allies we never get to actually see. Especially when those allies are supposed to help make up for the weaknesses of the Tau themseles, i.e. the kroot and CC. Along those lines, Heavey Infantry or Psychers could be supplimented with said allies. I think it would be really neat to see some (or just one ;D) Ally based vehicle(s) too... but that is probably a bit much. Also, Vespids need a revamp to be worth while, I would like to see allies like them avoided, i.g. cool in concept, but in practicle use not vary viable or worth while.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 06:58   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I like the idea of more allies. Maybe some commandeered Crisis suits or something, hehe. Some slightly Orkish kroot monsters.

I'd really really like some new HQ units. The current ones just have no real HQ abilities. A [pretty much standard] Crisis suit, Farsight and Shadowsun, and the Ethereal, which is a huge liability, just doesn't compare to the amount of HQ options other armies have, or the bonuses they offer. Some really game changing HQs would be really sweet.
Old 05 Oct 2008, 08:16   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

First Post. Hello everyone.

Anyways, Tau are a very unique situation when compared to every other army GW has. They are *not* xenophobic, they are *not* technophobic, they are *not* sadistic killers and they are *not* mindless. These factors mean that new technology and races for Tau is just a matter of course.

Of all the areas GW can expand on the Tau most is the company they keep. Unlike just about everyone else, the Tau are inclusive and are truly a force of diversity in a time where "others" are barely tolerated, if at all.

As such, the department of Allies is where Tau is quite easily developed. Either a new race or upgrades to the existing Kroot and Vespids (especially the 'Spids). Tau don't need a CC monster on the roster, just a few modifications to make the Kroot and Vespids *worth* it.

Kroot need to either be cheaper or have the 6+ built in at their cost. What I would absolutely love for them is the ability to purchase a genetic enhancement for the squad, like with Kroot Mercs at a set number of points / model. Also, the Knarloc... make it a Monstrous Creature heavy support choice and we're in business.

Vepsids are almost unusable as they are now. What they are meant to be effective against, they die against in droves. What they can handle shooting at them they are the wrong tool to be using. They are very blah right now.

Up their cost by a few points each and (I've heard this was how they originally were) give them Rending. If not that, then for the love of the Greater Good give them a 4+. Dying to the stuff you are meant to be taking down without any saves (most MEQs have AP 5 guns after all) before you can reach them just sucks.

And on a related note: Human Auxiliaries. Make them main book.

As of for the suits... they are fine as-is (which means GW will futz with them next Codex), but a new variant would be cool. Finally, the Fire Warriors / Pathfinders... I like them as is, just maybe make EMP's a point cheaper per model and *give* them the Photons. If you are a force that sucks at CC and *knows* it, wouldn't it make sense to just have defensive grenades with you at all times. 12 points over and over adds up.

I like the way Tau vehicles are. Just put the Tetra in the main book and make a plastic kit for it.

As of for Titans... Tau don't do Titans.
BM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 12:29   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hi guys,

1/ I'm all for new allys (and ally vehicles like Fate13 suggested) or ... more options for the existing ones.
In that subject i orderd volume 3 from forge world to check the stats of the great knarloc and riders (for diversity).

Why not give the kroot the options of the kroot mercenary amy... hell... we saved them

2/ A few more HQ options would be nice. An ally-HQ or even a stealth suit HQ.

3/ I would love a targetting array option (at a cost ofcourse) for the fire warriors and / or pathfinders. I feel (and that's just my personal opinion) that for a shooty army BS3 sucks for my troops ... a chaos space marine only costs 4 more points and has BS 4 (and other better stats)

pink-weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 12:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM15
As of for Titans... Tau don't do Titans.
lol - I now have this fantastic image in my head of a huuuuuuge stompy Tau Battlesuit with a tiny weeny insignificant little Tau FireWarrior sat inside it waving his arms around, with a huge smile on his face :P

Anti fluff, Anti Commonsense, Anti Doctrine and Anti eveything about the Tau - But still very funny!
Old 05 Oct 2008, 13:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

ALLIES!!!!!

Preferable some demiurg and tarellian. Nicassar aren't really meant for land (IIRC) but would give us descent psycher though.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 13:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would really like some new crisis suits and a different type of brodside because all battle suits are the same model with a few metal parts and that kind of makes me mad, like GW doesn't want to do the work to make them different.
commanderbrightsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 15:49   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think squads of XV22's would be cool, all would have to be Shas'o Commanders.
Maybe a limited amount of weapons like, fusion blaster, burstcannon, plasma, missile only.
squad of 3ish of these stealthed sheilded commanders would be awesome.

Though I dont know what you would do with Shadowsun
Shaeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 16:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Well maybe but they would not be called XV-22 anymore since the second '2' indicate an experimental suit.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote