Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Galgs
Old 05 Oct 2008, 04:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Galgs

I was lurking W40K Wiki and saw that under allies the Tau are listed to have the Galgs. Granted this was a Battlefleet Gothic based information page, but I don't remember them being mentioned anywhere else. My love for the Tau allies has no limit so my curiosity was peaked.

[hr]

I don't mean to bump my own thread, but I want to also inquire about who the Tallerians are as well...

[size=4pt]Combined your posts. –RZ[/size]

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 05:38   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Galgs

From Lexicanum;

Galgs
are green, scaled, frog-like creatures that often form into mercenary bands. Like most mercenaries, they fight for the group with the right price.

The only humans to come into contact with galgs are other mercenaries, and for this reason they are considered a minor race. Most of them work as mercenaries for the Tau Empire, however, it is unknown if they work for other groups as well. Like many alien races, they have an incredible hate for humans.

Tarellians are a minor reptilian species of alien found throughout much of the galaxy. They are commonly known as Tarellian Dog-soldiers, because of their snouted faces and their habit of working as mercenaries. During the Great Crusade the Imperium Virus-bombed most of their home worlds, almost wiping the species out. For this reason they have a great grudge against the Imperium. The Tarellians have not been conquered by the Tau but are often found fighting as mercenaries in their armies, particularly when the war is against humans.

Physically, Tarellians are narrow-waisted, broad shouldered aliens that are slightly shorter than most humans, with long snouted faces.

The species, where they are referred to as "Tarellian Dog-soldiers," first appeared in 3rd edition's rulebook, as an example of "Other Dangerous Aliens".
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 05:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks for clearing that up for me... I didn't know about the Lexicanum thingy.

Out of further curiosity, since both of them are cited as being seen in Tau armies, why are they not options for Tau players to take? I assume it is becasue GW just dropped names for fluff and then forgot about them, but hopefully I am wrong.

EDIT: I also found a description of the Galgs as creatures with many eyes and tentacles... very Cthullu'ish

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 06:16   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

They're many other alien races so except GW to forgot one or more of them :P Also, GW have to make their models if they want to include new races. I think they're more likely to include Gue'vesa much to my despise of them
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2008, 13:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

As for the tarellians I got 12 in my Tau army (I used slightly modified saurus and gave them kroot weapon (without the blades) and made up some house rules for them (They are somewhere here in our WH creation threads).

That's the fun bit about the Tau, with their mentality you can have any type of alian amongst their rank.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2008, 14:54   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Did anyone else find the description of the the Galg very reminiscent of the The Slan as they used to appear in 40k?

Or am i just clutching at straws that fell off the Demiurg/Squat resemblance?
Tauist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2008, 14:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Now that you mentionned it...and looking at the lizardman range...they do indeed sounds alot like the Slann.

Although, the Slann were never really phased out since they are a Very old distant race who fought alongside the old One aganist the C'Tan.

But Galg could be a Slann offshoot though.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2008, 02:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Both Galgs and Tarrellians are mentioned in the book "Kill Team", by Gav Thorpe. Tarrellians are mercenaries: they fight for whoever pays them. They are also sometimes called "dog soldiers", because their faces are slightly elongated, like a dogs. They hold a grudge against humanity because several of their worlds were virus bombed in an attempt to stop a Tyranid hive fleet (can't remember which one).

Don't know much about Galgs. All I do know is that they were annexed by the Tau empire during the second sphere expansion. There are rumors among the Tau that they were brainwashed in some way because of the way they immediately accepted their place in the Tau Empire, without putting up a fight.
Originally Posted by monocleman
... :'(
Awww, don't cry! There, there. You'll mist up your monocle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
Games workshop hurts babies. >
monocleman is offline   Reply With Quote