Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Broadsides
Old 03 Oct 2008, 23:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Broadsides

So I was wondering, I know models must have a representation of their gear/weaponry, but what if they have more than they are using? For example if I have a Broadside with SMS and A.S.S., but the model has plasma rifles on it as well, is that illegal?

I ask this cause I want to model my first Broadside with the SMS hands, cause they look nice, and also add plasma rifles in case I want to use them. I normally magnetize my suits, but doing this with the metal SMS arms might be difficult I feel.
Deadseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 23:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Broadsides

Not in my book. You do need to specify which you are using to your opponent, though.

And check your post, I think the censor bot got your A.S.S.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 00:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

For pickup games and local tourneys, there's no problems with this, but at most sanctioned tourneys, WYSIWYG is usually the rule, and may people are sticklers, GW being the main one. Friendly-wise, as long as you tell me what they are and paid the points, knock yourself out.
auxiliary priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 00:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah I'd with auxiallary priest. I added some cool looking weapons onto my commander, that looks like a combi flamer/plasma I just tell my opponent what the weapon actually is (T/L Plasma) and they're usually fine with that.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 01:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

... it would be ok here, but to avoid confusion, why not put a magnet into the ball joint, and another into the arm (mental and plastic) so you can swich them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 07:24   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah, I guess I'll try that. I just wasn't sure if the magnets I had could handle a whole arm.
Deadseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 08:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadseed
Yeah, I guess I'll try that. I just wasn't sure if the magnets I had could handle a whole arm.
I've had some success with magnetic arms on 2 of my broadsides. On the team-leader, I accidentally glued the magnets together, so he always has plasma rifles. Anyway, the rare earth magnets I have do hold the smart missile arms, but just barely. Stacking magnets makes it stronger, though. If you can manage it, glue 2 magnets onto each side of the joint, or at least two of them in the arm socket. With 3 magnets in each shoulder they rarely fall off, but they point down rather than forward. The plasma rifle arms, of course, are fine with a 2 magnets.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 19:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

As long as the person makes it clear there really should not be a problem. however you could just put on a few bits and say they count as a D'yi. The plasma rifles may have some problems with people though.