Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Plasma Rifles, Crisis Suits, and Rapid Fire.
Old 03 Oct 2008, 15:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Plasma Rifles, Crisis Suits, and Rapid Fire.

How exactly do plasma rifles and assaults work? I know that I usually cannot use a rapid fire weapon and then assault (lol, complete tau player, I never assault anyone), but I know that battlesuits are screwy in some ways, and I'm hoping this is one.
Old 03 Oct 2008, 16:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Plasma Rifles, Crisis Suits, and Rapid Fire.

Battle Suits have a stabilization system that lets them fire rapid fire weapons as if they haven't moved. This also lets them assault after firing rapid fire weapons. Check the Crisis Suit section of the Tau armory for everything special about Crisis Suits.
Old 03 Oct 2008, 16:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

The problem is, Vimes, if you fire a rapid fire weapon, I think you can't assault, even if you havn't moved the turn before.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 16:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

In the rulebook, page 76 the part about relentless, and crisis suits are relentless because they have jet packs and it states it in the jet pack rules on page 52,

"Relentless models can shoot with rapid fire and heavy weapons counting as stationary, even if they moved in the previous movement phase, and are also allowed to assault in the same turn they fire them"
Don't you know? Marines have the And They Shall Follow No Rules special rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Meh, shooting roman candles in the face of the SM's charging you IS pretty ballsy...
Ashtoruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 17:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

also jet packs are ALWAYS alowed to make 6" assult move. I believe theres restrictions on when you can charge, mates borrowing the rule book atm. But they can always make the assult move
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 17:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoruin
In the rulebook, page 76 the part about relentless, and crisis suits are relentless because they have jet packs and it states it in the jet pack rules on page 52,

"Relentless models can shoot with rapid fire and heavy weapons counting as stationary, even if they moved in the previous movement phase, and are also allowed to assault in the same turn they fire them"
Yup, suits can assault after Rapid Firing.

Why would you really want to assault.

If the suit is going to die for the Greater Good, Move him away from your more valuble units and make your opponent charge him.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 17:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Farsight n Pals wound want to charge.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 18:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
I will have to recheck this...because it opens a whole new world of possibilities since:

As a general rules firing a rapid fireweapon prevents assault, but firing a heavy weapon doesn't prevent assault.

As for the special move during the assault phase that was never an issue, though.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 18:47   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Crisis Suits may always fire their weapons as if they hadn't moved, and may always assault. The only recent change is that this has been expanded from Rapid Fire weapons to Heavy Weapons (meaning the Markerlight in our case). Crisis Suits could always fire rapid-fire weapons and still charge, although they rarely have a reason to do so.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 20:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Tau
Quote:

Yup, suits can assault after Rapid Firing.

Why would you really want to assault.

If the suit is going to die for the Greater Good, Move him away from your more valuble units and make your opponent charge him.

WT
I just got Farsight.

I'm using him with his 7 samurai, and 5 of them will have plasma rifles---so I'm basically going to blast the living hell out of the nastiest unit my opponent has on the board and then mop up the survivors in cc.