Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pipe Dream: Tau Tactics
Old 01 Oct 2008, 22:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Pipe Dream: Tau Tactics

A Tau Cadre is supposed to be equipped for a variety of situations, able to deploy tanks, battlesuits, broadsides, pathfinders, etc as needed. I find myself often wanting to know what I'll be facing before I choose my army. I think it would be grand for Tau to have a rule that let us due this in tournaments. Something like:

Tau Tactics: You may prepare two army lists for the tournament. Your opponent must tell you the main Codex he is using(1), after which you choose which list to use. You do not get to see your opponent's army list before chosing.

(1) So Space Marines w/ allied guard, for instance, would be "Space Marines"

I'm sure this is /way/ too powerful, but I have such a hard time making an all-comers list. Perhaps this should be a special ability of a Manta, that it can be quickly loaded with various configurations.
sfogarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 22:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Pipe Dream: Tau Tactics

That's stupidly overpowered =P

It's *easy* to make a take all comers Tau list because of the high power of our weaponry. That's where the plasma rifle/missile pod combo came from, because it works against anything. It's also why Hammerheads are useful.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2008, 02:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Now it would be an interesting variant to standard rules if all players brought two lists and got to decide which one to play based on the opposing army's codex. Each player would reveal which codex (or codices if they're playing an alliance I guess), and based on that their opponent would choose which of their lists to play.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2008, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

... it would be different... but not to sure about "better"

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote