Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tau titan
Old 29 Sep 2008, 04:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default tau titan

ive seen some tau titan pics but i want to make my own, some heres a list of parts ive got railgunsx4, ioncannonx6, devilfishbodyx2, tanktreadsx4, armlikepartsx4, missilepodx20 i need some ideas lpz
Old 29 Sep 2008, 05:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: tau titan

Perhaps some time might be the best salve for your hobbyist urge.

Many people find "Tau Titans" - large, humanoid walkers with like, lots of weapons - distasteful due to the fact that they just don't exist in the backround fluff.

Furthermore, imagine taking a few Landraiders and spare bitz and expecting to get a serviceable Titan?

However, they are fun. Imagine your commander gets an extra-special, extra-huge suit?

Well, I imagine it'd turn out a bit like this.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 06:08   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

I think that is a fairly important point to make. I like Jutami's Intruder Titan, but if you build a Titan out of the parts of something that isn't already a walker, the net result is more likely to evoke Transformers than Gundam. Rather than being a unique design in its own right, it is going to look like it was created from something else.

The obstacles are the parts that really define the shape as humanoid. The joints in particular are hard to make out of other bits. It is easier for Imperial or Ork walkers, since you can use parts of the Sentinel and Defiler to good purpose. Tau basically have to do everything with the Devilfish.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 06:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The way I see this happening is by making a giant XV8 with immense weapons. the weapons could be those ones from forge world that they put on hammerhead tanks and you could use those rules as well.
this would mean you could have not only a titan, but a titan that can jump-shoot-jump!

I'm afraid I can't give any specific modelling techniques as the only super-heavy I've ever made was an ork great gargant made of paper (W.I.P.)
Old 29 Sep 2008, 07:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammerz
this would mean you could have not only a titan, but a titan that can jump-shoot-jump!
Please don't.

I used to be all for the Tau Titan, it's what brought me to this site. But after I built mine I took a step back and thought about it and... no. It really doesn't work. It sounds like a great idea until you put more than 10 minutes of thought into it and you think about how the Tau go to war and... just no.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:19   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

What about a massive tau hover tank?
Randoramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd rather a Manta that sacrificed its payload to carry some firepower equivalent of 4 Baneblades. >

Hail to the God-Emperor, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khathecleric
My love runs her Sisters with melta, so it does get rather hot for my suits when she's around. :P
I just gotta comment that I LOVE all the inuendo in this statement right here... hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyrfalconXV25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Is that penetration only for vehicles?
What else would you like to penetrate?
Sisters of battle for starters.....
Khathecleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 16:26   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Of course, if you build a titan with a railgun, all an IG opponent would need to field would be a single model armed with a cardboard box and a stinger laun-

Erm. I'm not sure I've been here long enough to make such jokes.

Anyway, I'm sure a tau titan would be plausible, if nothing else, they probably converted some of the leftover Imperial ones at the end of the Damocles Gulf crusade. Maybe try to build up an Imperial Titan, and then, once it looks okay, try converting it to Tau?

A minor annoyance I have is the Tau don't have anything(ever) that's just pure, unadulterated firepower. (Titan or Baneblade style. Our titan sacrifices half it's space to be a transport. Not that I'll ever have enough money to even consider getting one, but still...)
Originally Posted by BRC
The W40k universe is like a hobo with a terminal disease tied to some railroad tracks in the middle of a warzone.
And that's not awesome how?
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 16:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I recall there was a variant Manta that was converted into a ground support craft like a C130 gunship, IIRC, a Manta Destroyer? Of course there is no official rules for it, but the possibility is there.

Hail to the God-Emperor, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khathecleric
My love runs her Sisters with melta, so it does get rather hot for my suits when she's around. :P
I just gotta comment that I LOVE all the inuendo in this statement right here... hehe
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Is that penetration only for vehicles?
What else would you like to penetrate?
Sisters of battle for starters.....
Khathecleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 21:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

a Manta destroyer? but a manta is already frigging huge. "here is my 2000 point army, 2 Manta destroyers... and your army is dead after two turns... shall we call this a draw?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jais
I need it! I need it! I need it! anton's vagina that is...
Quote:
"We're not just gonna shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the threads of our tanks, we're going to murder those bastards by the bushes!!"
Savon Saal is offline   Reply With Quote