Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Merc Question
Closed Thread
Old 11 May 2005, 23:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Kroot Merc Question

ive read the Kroot Mercenary list and i have an odd question. The codex says that a shaper may take equipment given from their employers or from the armoury. My question is two fold. First, does this mean that as Auxilleries, would i be able to talk any eqiupment from the main lists codex? Second, in an all Kroot army, they are still hired by someone to do a job, so could i just call say Eldar as an employer and follow the same process as my first question?

also what are the stats on or where can i find the stuff for the splinter rifle?

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Kroot Merc Question

Chorison:

The text that states that they have gifts from their employers simply refers to the Kroot mercenary codex armory only (think of it as flavor, as the word mercenary implies they are fighting for someone for some form of payment). You may not purchase items from the parent list that is taking Kroot as allies (for example, you may not just buy wargear from the Eldar Armory for your Kroot Shapers). They take items from the armory listed in the codex solely. So literally, if you take them as a stand-alone army or as an ally to another army, the only items you will be purchasing come from your Armory there in the Kroot Merc List codex.

The stats on a splinter rifle can be found in the Dark Eldar codex.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

They should be allowed to take armory items from the guys they're fightin for, though...

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks for the splinter stuff, but it states both in the codex. if it ment the armoury, why would it state it like that, the wording doesnt seem logical

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

I know it seems odd and doesn't really make that much sense.... but that's just how it is.

The Kroot armory is full of weapons from various other races--that's how it refers to them as employers.
Old 12 May 2005, 00:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks, i was just hoping. i meaning the idea of using a kroot rifle and the eldar hand blades on a master shaper was a cool idea

Old 12 May 2005, 00:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yea, there are some pretty interesting things you could do with kroot merc. if they could take stuff from their parent armies list...

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Closed Thread