Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hunter Cadres
Old 25 Sep 2008, 20:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Hunter Cadres

Hi i was wondering if Gamesworkshop would allow this. My idea is a Hunter Cadre thats has it's own name (like the lucky sevens) as well as it's own colours and tactics, as its commander has a different commanding style as oppsed to the mobile tactics of the regular Tau. It also never disbands, e.g a Cadre is formed to assault a planet then it's disbanded, then another cadre is formed for another conquest ( I assume this is how it woks). The story behind it is that the Ethereals wanted to see if the name and colours had any affect on moral. It's also a Tau only cadre. Cheers guys.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2008, 20:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Hunter Cadres

I see no problem with it. Who cares if GW objects, it's fun.

I personally field the Vior'la 182nd Tactical Assault Cadre "Sha'is'denta (Wind Spirit)", led by Shas'el Vior'la Shais'ka.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2008, 22:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrySCORCH62
Hi i was wondering if Gamesworkshop would allow this....
Dude, Warhammer is your universe. To hell what GW might say. It's your army, feel free to build your own IP to go with it ;p.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 05:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

indeed its your army and also i dont think cadres are ever disbanded
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 09:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Cadre's use colours that depend on the battlefield anyway. The only consistent colours are sept markings, and their are plenty of septs without a known colour.
There's no reason at all for GW to say you can't make your own cadre. It would be stupid for them to object.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 10:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks everyone i was unsure about Tau but now i know i can make my own cadre it should be fun. Cheers again.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 17:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

in fire warrior, kais' pops led the tau fifth ten-cadre. now lets say the individual shas commanders and teams are replaceable with casualties, replacements, redeployments etc, but the fifth ten-cadre remains as a name. sure, why not. give it a nick name. perhaps its not a tau thing, but maybe the gue'la call it something...

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 19:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

GW gives you the framework of he universe the rest go nuts.

Each and every one of our Cadre has it's on flavor...mine is very auxiliaries heavy and is a Scouting Cadre...with a 'tude problem.

Beside what you are suggesting is kind of like Commander Farsight Enclave...a faction that goes by their own rules, with their own motivation.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 19:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Beside what you are suggesting is kind of like Commander Farsight Enclave...a faction that goes by their own rules, with their own motivation.
Kind of, but my Cadre is going to be loyal to the Empire, but yeah kind of the same ideas different tactics and ranks have different jobs. Also i'm going to give it a name in the Tau language.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 20:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think its unlikely that a group of warriors who function well together would be kept together.

If a group function exceptionally well in a particular formation it would make sense for them to be always used in that same formation.