Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Special Issue Gear Opinions
Old 18 Sep 2008, 17:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Special Issue Gear Opinions

So what do you people think of the Speacial Issue Gear? I currently think that most of it is kinda sub-par.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 18:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Special Issue Gear Opinions

Air Frag Proj.

good against anyone
rox against hordes

Mine's glued on - (most other weapons are only magnetized)
Knight Actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Maybe we should ask in comparisson to what?

AFP - Got to love it
CIB - Mediocure IMO but many think it's good.
Ejection System - Why? Why would I want a good shooting, no range fire warrior for 15 points?
Failsafe Detonator - I love this one for the shock factor on the face of a horde player that won an assault. Otherwise I am not so sure.
Iriduim Armor - Good bad and Ugly. (Suggesting this be renames Eastwood Armor.)
Stimulant Injector - Drugs are my friends. Drugs are my Shas'o's friend. Drugs make the world STAY IN BLASTED FOCUS SO THAT YOU CAN FIGHT!
Positional Relay - Decent gear if properly used, watch out for the wife you cheated on. If you broadcast, she will come.

All in all, I find the gear to be appropiate.

No. What I am saying is that my Air Support has lots of Ground Cadre.

If a Land Raider dies to a rail gun, and no one was around to see it, does the kill point still exist?
ranzin927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 22:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i have had some luck with the CIB vs. hords, that and stims is all i have used so far though

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

most stuff is considered rather good, except for ejection system, dont think i've heard anyone say its good... or infact even taken it LOL!! all items have their fans and usually its one or the other... for instance some ppl love Airfrags (me included), where as some perfer Ionblaster. some perfer Iridium Armour, some perfer drugs. failsafe is highly useful when against hordes! kit out a squad with flamers burst cannons M.Tracker or one of the other 2 weapons T/L and give a 'Vre the failsafe... hordes go bye bye hehe! positional relay is also used and liked by a few people. being able to get the unit you require almost gaurentied when you want it is useful!

basicly virtually everything has their fans (part from ejection system lol)
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 23:23   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

No one mentioned the Vectored Retro Thrusters. I think some people might still use a Ninja'O, maybe? The changes to hit and run make it kinda crappy, as it will only work 50% of the time on a 'vre and up, and 1/3 of the time on a Crisis team leader.

Really wish I had gotten to try a Ninja'O before this change.
Deadseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 23:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

AFP -

Doesn't this thing basically suck... it seems from what I have read and with the new rules for blast weapons it will always scatter and not effin hit anything! BUT... I haven't played much with the new rules.

Someone justify this weapon for me - it looks awesome and I like the idea of using both the special issue weapons on a couple of battlesuits. It seems like it could be effective...
Old 18 Sep 2008, 23:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

well actually no its improved. it was origanly a scatter weapon... now it scatters and remove your BS from the result... and with abundance of cover saves ignoring cover is a great asset... its a large blast cover ignoring bolter LOL!! how is that not good? it shreds through anything that is 5+ and below save! and can force players to take alot of saves if it isnt... and due to the dice gods this can be very effective!

edit- this just proved my point that some people love certain special issue items and others don't lol!
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2008, 01:58   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Some Items I like, some I don't, so here's the commentary.

Airbursting Fragmentation Launcher (very cool, great for both keeping the suit out of trouble, and getting rid of those pesky cover saves.

Cyclic Ion Blaster - It's actually not a bad weapon to double up with a plasma rifle for marine/termie killing. Don't bother putting it on anyone with a good BS, you're rolling for 6s anyway.

Command and Control Node: useless, helps with a test that doesn't exist anymore.

Positional Relay: Surprisingly, more effective in smaller games where you'll get more turns (if timed) and where you have fewer reserves that will be delayed. Personally, though, I'd like it as wargear rather then a hard point system.

Vectored Retro-thrusters: Can be useful, but generally not worth the hard point.

Ejection system - first of all, not a bad way to keep your opponent from getting the kill point. Plus seems fluffy to me. Probibly not worth 15 points, but fun anyway.

Failsafe detonator - I don't use a whole lot of crisis suits, but I so rarely lose combat against a high Init. assault squad and live long enough to run away.

Iridium Armor - Good if you use your crisis as a direct unit support, rather then as a lone wolf. Saves him from Krak Missiles atleast. I don't usually take it - but i've reconsidered a couple times when my HQ gets blasted with Krak Missiles.

Stimulent Injector - Undeniably good if your suits tend to die because of massed fire. Mine tend to die from Krack Missiles and Las-cannons, so it doesn't do me a whole lot of good. I have strongly considered it a few time though.
Mars.Techpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2008, 02:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

That's not accurate on the CIB. The 6 is on the Wound part, not the To Hit part. I put it on my Shas'O and I destroy units like Terminators with it.