Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau should get more options
View Poll Results: I think we don`t have enough options yet(gear, abilities, stat improvements), or do we?
we NEED more 22 46.81%
we have enough 18 38.30%
we need less 1 2.13%
more would imbalance 40k 6 12.77%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 09 May 2005, 14:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau should get more options

Many armies get these kickass upgrades, and as usual, I am especially referring to the Ultra and Traitor marines.

Mutations, bio-engineering, etc.

Especially chaos has the option of pumping up their already overly powerful marines.

We need options of our own to deal with this irrealistically bloated foe.

Are you with me? 8)??

Knowing how to use power is genius

Call me your highness
Old 09 May 2005, 14:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Tau should get more options

Look, I don't mean to knock you but it seems you havn't realy read that much of the Armoury prior to passing judgement. Tau units have some absurdly cheap vehicle upgrades and team leaders can be made exeptional nightfighters via the lovable Blacksun Filter, also the mass of equipment available bewilders many new commanders. Crisis suits are incredibly versatile, and the fact that they have more than double the weapons options alone than the modular Dreds and god knows how many support systems choices speaks volumes about the options available to the Tau. An upgraded Hammerhead can EASILY double the base point cost, and a tau commander passes 150 when Uber-geared as well.
Old 09 May 2005, 14:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuinMyrrath
Tau units have some absurdly cheap vehicle upgrades and team leaders can be made exeptional nightfighters via the lovable Blacksun Filter, also the mass of equipment available bewilders many new commanders.* Crisis suits are incredibly versatile, and the fact that they have more than double the weapons options alone than the modular Dreds and god knows how many support systems choices speaks volumes about the options available to the Tau.* An upgraded Hammerhead can EASILY double the base point cost, and a tau commander passes 150 when Uber-geared as well.
Nightfight is usually avoided, but if its used, I won`t deny we KILL OFF ALL OPPOSITION. But its usually not

Crisis is versatile, but not survivable. The versatility comes from different weaponry, but if you can`t defend yourself properly what is the use.

HH usually die in turn 2 at most, assuming the use of heavy weaponry(chance of 100% against all fearsome enemies of Tau)

Don't dare say I didn't read the armoury well enough, I know it by heart, and I realise we`ve got a lot of stuff, but I strongly feel we`re* not versatile enough, especially considering the survivability of the models that give us our fluff, the crisis.

Call me your highness
Old 09 May 2005, 16:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm fine with our armory. I enjoy being the underdog in the wargear department. Tau upgrades aren't so much UBER as annoying for the opponent... and that suits their playstyle well.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 09 May 2005, 18:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Tau play well, VERY well IMO, but I can see where you are coming from. Compared to IG, SMurfs, Nids, Sisters, Chaos, and whomever else we are low on the AMOUNT, not quality, of our upgrades. Needless to say we are not any other army than Tau, but it would be nice to have more options.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 09 May 2005, 18:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctum
The Tau play well, VERY well IMO, but I can see where you are coming from. Compared to IG, SMurfs, Nids, Sisters, Chaos, and whomever else we are low on the AMOUNT, not quality, of our upgrades. Needless to say we are not any other army than Tau, but it would be nice to have more options.
Thats almost entirely true, but I feel we could use 1 or 2 higher quality upgrades or weapons

Call me your highness
Old 09 May 2005, 18:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

We have Decoy Launchers and Multi Trackers. 2 High end upgrades there.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 09 May 2005, 19:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think we need different kinds of guys but not upgrades. I like they way Tau is so simple. Easier to add points ;D.
Old 09 May 2005, 20:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0nkaTruckDriver
I'm fine with our armory. I enjoy being the underdog in the wargear department. Tau upgrades aren't so much UBER as annoying for the opponent... and that suits their playstyle well.
Quoted because its my opinion.

"Dont Fix it if it aint Broke!"
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 09 May 2005, 20:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
"Dont Fix it if it aint Broke!"
exactly - Tau are fine at the moment and there's no need to give them so much wargear that they start to resemble SMurfs....