Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new codex
Closed Thread
Old 09 May 2005, 03:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via Yahoo to soloplumber
Default new codex

What's this i hear about all these new rules and codex's did I waste twenty buck's buying the tau codex? What is it that I should get? ???
Old 09 May 2005, 03:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: new codex

Fear not. The Tau codex will not be replaced for a very long time. Chapter Approved updates are free on the websites to keep you up to date. You didn't waste any money at all buying this codex.

The only thing that is mentioned over and over is the new Tyranid codex which comes out in a couple weeks or something. That's the one you want to avoid buying the old one of
Old 09 May 2005, 03:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hey thanks man i can get these updates where? The official WH40k web site.
Old 09 May 2005, 03:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapterapproved/faq/

The latest FAQs are right there. If you need older ones, they're usually printed in Chapter Approved books, which you can rummage through for free at any shop that sells them

Cheers!
Old 09 May 2005, 04:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Man you are the coolest freakin smart guy I don't know! Rock On!
Old 09 May 2005, 06:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

The discussion on the apparent New tau codex was a rumour only.. and the guy who started it suddenly altered his post and disappeared.. so, for now, its only a rumour.. as we said in that thread.. What we know the Tau are getting, are new units for the Taros Campaign, which is a Forgeworld book/campaign, not a new Tau codex.

On another note, ourFAQ thread here links to all the faq's and a lot more stuff people don't seem to know about..
Old 09 May 2005, 12:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

THe Taros campaign really is just new forgeworld suit model rules - standard xv8's will in all likelyhood get nothing new.

THe tau codex is not due to be updated until c2008, and possilby late 2007 at the very earliest. THe next codexes that are being redone are the SM variants (black Templars, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, DarkAngels) at christmas, the eldar (its the next one due, i think) and orks. Tau come along after all these, and then necrons follow.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 09 May 2005, 13:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

So the Forge World stuff is finally given rules in the Taros Campaign book? I might have to buy that...

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 09 May 2005, 13:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

In my experience the FW books are largely a waste of money since they're just a way to charge $$$ for the rules associated with FW models and typically aren't tournament legal and which contain units of questionable value anyways. I'm hoping this book will be different but I would be very surprised if it is given that it's being released by FW and not GW.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 09 May 2005, 17:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ maCe
link=topic=7129.msg122344#msg122344 date=1115621532]
The discussion on the apparent New tau codex was a rumour only.. and the guy who started it suddenly altered his post and disappeared.. so, for now, its only a rumour.. as we said in that thread.. What we know the Tau are getting, are new units for the Taros Campaign, which is a Forgeworld book/campaign, not a new Tau codex.
Hmm guess games-workshop found out he was getting a lead to their new codex and snuffed him out. He was too dangerous :P
[color=Green] How Abbadon got his hax.
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I wish my grass was emo... then it would cut itself.
Closed Thread