Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some help is requested
Old 05 Sep 2008, 06:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Some help is requested

So my Tau codex is currently MIA. I belive it was stolen but none-the-less I'm without a way to use my Tau (sad since it's the only army besides my marines I've almost fully painted)

I would like to request some help in building a list, PM it to me if you must, but I want to be able to take them up to my Store and play this weekend (they may have a codex, so I might take said list and modify it or whatever...)

Here's a list of what I own if you mind helping out:

4 Crisis suits, any weapon combinations are possible.
3 broadsides (lol two heavily converted, one has Plasma Rifles)
4 Fire warrior Squads
3 Devilfish
5 Stealth Suits
Hammerhead (either weapon)
I think I've got like 6-10 pathfinders lying around, I know I have 3 Rail Rifles PFs.
An Etherial with Honor blade.

Thats it. My aim is an 1850 "fun" list...so help me out here =D

Thanks in Advance

-Knight
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
GKTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 06:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Some help is requested

heres an idea... get army builder. It will print all of the relevant rules for the list you make it with.

Other than that, I'm not a tau player. Sorry.
Old 05 Sep 2008, 06:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Tau are so standardized that im surprised you dont remember the armory options.

by "fun" what are you aiming for.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 09:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Eh, "Fun" means a balanced list that won't powergame anyone off the table but is quite capable. I normally run 3 Firewarrior squads in Devilfish, the two broadsides separate with a Railgun Hammerhead, Commander with bodyguard, and a stealth team.

iirc

@Blood. I think I have those someplace...I should find them! >.<
“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember." - Acting Brother-Capitan Alric of the Grey Knights.
Old 05 Sep 2008, 14:14   #5 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Is there a reason that you run the commander with a bodyguard when it's cheaper to run the other suits as elite?
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 16:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Is there a reason that you run the commander with a bodyguard when it's cheaper to run the other suits as elite?
I'm assuming that he does it for the hardwired wargear. give them a hardwired multi-track and you can give them whatever usefull wargear you want. They could take a targetting array, a shield gen, a positional relay or whatever else.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 16:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If I remeber correctly, having a bodyguard mean that his suits count as a retinue. While having the suits separately and him joining them does not. This becomes important, as a retinue counts as one unit, an IC joining a unit means that its two units for some purposes. Take this for example!

I was against a word bearers army last tournament. His plan was simple, deepstike his unit of terminators with his lord onto my objective to contest it near the end of the game. Since deep strike only happens on a 4+ PER UNIT on turn 3 his lord HAD to deep strike without his terminator unit (rolled one for termies, 5 for lord), as they were not a retinue. So he teleports in, gets instakilled (railgun >) and then his terminators came in two turns later.

I think that is one of many things that a retinue is good for.
Old 05 Sep 2008, 17:16   #8 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

@ Jedibean: You could get hardwired options that way, but can't you just upgrade your monat suits to team leaders and get hardwired options that way as well? After all he only has 4 suits. (Don't have book with me so I can't check.)

@ Sau1us: I can see where a retinue is important if you want to deep strike as a team. However, suits behind the lines usually die pretty quick so I tend to deep strike individual suits only.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2008, 19:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Indeed I run them as a Retinue for the purposes of keeping my commander safer....and giving me more options. I like the fact that 5th ed brought back the "bodyguard"