Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with a Bio-Titan
Old 27 Aug 2008, 17:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Help with a Bio-Titan

I'm playing a apocalypse game soon and i'll be against a bio-titan with my tau and i have no super heavys to take it on does any one have any suggestions on have i could kill this monster
Ghost_Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 17:37   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: HELP

Well, how many Railguns do you have available? You don't really need super-heavies if you have a super-heavy's worth of Broadsides and Hammerheads.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 17:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Help with a Bio-Titan

invent a new data sheet that allows you to play invisble :shifty:
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 18:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Well I got to agree with Khanaris...railgun is your friend, either on boradside or on a railhead.

If flyers are allowed that might help you also.

Aside from that, maybe seeker missiles could also be a good place to look for anti-titan weaponry.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 18:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Well I got to agree with Khanaris...railgun is your friend, either on boradside or on a railhead.

Aside from that, maybe seeker missiles could also be a good place to look for anti-titan weaponry.
Isnt the bio titan sv 2+ or 3+? either way, a seeker missile is going to take some effort, especially if its one at a time.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 18:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

What kind of Bio-Titan is it? You want railguns and fusion blasters if you can risk getting close to it.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 19:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah what kind is it, Barbed Hierodrule, Hieriophant, because that influences how to take it out, I would mass railgun fire at it and hope to remove some wounds, as tau. Though any bio titan is going to have a 2+ save so you want to find every ap 1/2 weapon you have, and throw in some markerlights so you're almost always going to hit.

Ether that or buy some thunder hammer armed termies and say they've joined the greater good...

Oh yeah and seekers are NOT anti titan weapons, you hit on a 2, wound on a 4 then he saves on a 2! Not very effitient, take out 3+ save carnifexes instead, or synapse creatures.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 20:08   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard

I must respectfully disagree with Boneguard, for the simple reason that if you're up against tyranids in an apocalypse game, then there will be as many smaller models as there are fleas on a cur.
I agree on the use of broadsides for this purpose, but I would save the Hammerheads with their submunitions blast weapon for hordes of infantry. Seeker Missiles, in addition, are only S8 AP3, so the bio-titan is still going to get a 2+ save. Better to use those on synapse creatures if need be, preferably in conjunction with XV8s outfitted with plasma rifle (OR fusion blaster if you're feeling ballsy)/burst cannon/multi-tracker, so as not to put all of one's proverbial eggs into one basket.
Especially with Tau, you don't want to concentrate all of your heavy weapons fire on one target. A friend of mine who plays IG learned this the hard way--in a game vs necrons, he managed to take the Nightbringer out in 2 turns, but then was promptly overrun and ripped to shreds. You're especially at danger of this with Tyranids. Don't ignore the small guys. Termagants you can charge with your fire warriors and actually expect to survive. Everything else: FoF with fire warrior teams in a central line, then split and speed away in the devilfishes to the flank--hopefully if you've deployed cleverly, you'll have forced the infantry into a bottleneck and then you obliterate them with the hammerheads as well as pulse rifle fire. Give your Commander a positional relay, and then deep-strike teams of XV8s to blast away at the synapse creatures, have them jet behind cover, then if they're anywhere near your lines, blast away at the genestealers. If they're not, then focus on other synapse creatures to reduce morale.
With all this other stuff taken care of, THEN, especially if you've had multiple teams of broadsides pummelling away at it (with markerlight help--twin linked + markerlight = how the hell did you miss?!!?), then let the fire warriors mop up the infantry remnants, and redirect your hammerheads' fire at the titan.

This is all assuming that the bio-titan doesn't destroy your tanks and broadsides FIRST.
I don't presume to be a foremost authority on this, but it is my sound tactical opinion.

Cheers!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 20:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Oh I know about the little one, That's why I use a lot of fire waririors, kroot, stealth suits, and firestorm suits to deal with them.

It is true though that the hammerhead could be better used for the gaunts.

I wasn't quite sure about the seeker missiles, thus the 'maybe.'

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 22:49   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Use a manta; if you don't have it (very probably) try with Tiger Shark with heavy railguns (there are D weapons). And if you don't have any FW flyer some broadsides can do the job.
Akdakkar is offline   Reply With Quote