Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Extra Weapon Sprues for Crisis Battlesuits
Old 26 Aug 2008, 02:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Extra Weapon Sprues for Crisis Battlesuits

I dont know if this has been covered before or not I wouldn't even know what to search for if it has, but does drive anyone else insane that if you want to Twin Link something you have to A) buy another Crisis suit or B) hope you have extra bitz. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy sprues of weapons or something since i seem to be running short on Plasma Rifles amongst other things, dang Termies.
Don't you know? Marines have the And They Shall Follow No Rules special rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Meh, shooting roman candles in the face of the SM's charging you IS pretty ballsy...
Ashtoruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 03:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Extra Weapon Sprues for Crisis Battlesuits

drives me insane, but i undertand why they do it...

If they sold 2 of every weapon in a crisis suit box, the box would cost more for them to make model, and in turn cost EVEN more for us to buy.

Another reason to sell only one of each weapon is that it gives us incentive to buy another crisis box...
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 03:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I would be happy if they just came out with Bitz of the weapon sprues for like 10$, or something so you could Twin Link something without looking at a Crisis Suit that you dont like how you equiped it, because personally i hate to field a suit without a Plasma Rifle gotta love that AP2
Don't you know? Marines have the And They Shall Follow No Rules special rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Meh, shooting roman candles in the face of the SM's charging you IS pretty ballsy...
Ashtoruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 03:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm always having same trouble with getting enough missile pods together and that's not even considering the fact would like to slap four pieces of missile pod sprue on the same model. Far too practical to actually go through with that conversion however.
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..." ~ Terry Pratchett
ParadoxRifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would start by talking to any other tau players and see if they have extras you can beg, borrow, or trade. Plasma rifles are tricky since they're so useful, but the broadside kit is a full crisis suit (I think), and most of the weapons can't go on the broadside. Sadly, this may not help for the plasma rifle since broadsides sometimes use two of them, but it will at least give you an extra missile pod for each broadside.

Failing that, there is at least one place online that buys kits, breaks them up into sprues or individual items and sells them separately. I don't know the name of the place, but a little googling should find them.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 06:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to MDRedeemer Send a message via MSN to MDRedeemer

Battlewagon Bitz (s or z, I can never remember) does this. The bits are a little spendy, though you can get nearly anything, including whole crisis suits without the extras for like $12. Worth checking out if you need the stuff.
Old 26 Aug 2008, 13:23   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i found out that battlewagonbits has merged with the warstore. they have bits for individual crisis parts and pretty much everything else you want.
a pr costs $4 and a flamer costs $0.50. they know what tau players want, sadly.
Elitehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 14:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

The Broadside kit is a Crisis Suit with additional metal bits to convert it into what it says on the box. I've not had a problem with eqiupment, becuase I've purchased what is basically 3 extra groups of weapons for Crisis Suits not used by my Broadsides. Even the plasma rifles I have extra of now. Although you CAN equip them to your Broadsides, they aren't exactly a "role enhancer" for the Broadside, which is designed to take on heavily armored vehicles. Niether is the SMS it is built with, but at least it doesn't cost extra points (although, it is likely added to the basic cost of the model). Having said that, if you know your suits are going to get hit by termies deep-striking, or some other heavily armored unit, go ahead and (with magnets so that you may change your set up, you don't need Plasma rifles all the time) equip them.

My point is, yes the Broadside kit does have the parts, and if you have it in your sights to purchase a full squad of them, you will likely be just fine with the amount of weapon systems you are left with.
Dreamshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 14:13   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

You can always turn to e-bay as well, though I couldn't tell you what the prices there would be...too much variation between sellers/auctions. I know there at least a couple of bits stores through e-bay, though I don't know their names.
XV84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2008, 00:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have NO idea what aggravation you are talking about!

;D

Sorry, not helping, I know. I guess the answer you may like to hear is that: You get spare weapons every time you buy a Broadside.