Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stealth suit concerns and wish
Old 21 Aug 2008, 05:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Stealth suit concerns and wish

To hopefully not re-post on somebody else's topic, but I was thinking about stealth suits in close combat, and with the trend of some armies, most notably Marines, is the fact that stealth suits counted as being in cover negated for roughly half the armies, as offensive grenades are becoming integrated into the model's cost. Nothing made me feel better than a couple of years ago, when a stealth team killed a friend's Lictor that popped out and assaulted me, with me getting first strikes.

Now, for my wish. With the new plastic stealth suits, and GW enjoying making things in clear plastic colors (Necron rods, 5th ed. counters), when are we going to see a clear stealth suit. It doesn't have to be perfectly clear, but just put some clear plastic in the new stealth mold, and sell us some see through suits.
auxiliary priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2008, 05:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: Stealth suit concerns and wish

Huh how did you strike first they would strike simultaneously the lictor has flesh hooks. Oh god now tyranids get all offensive grenades too. I mean kharn died to form my stealthsuits once in close combat.
I do not know If games workshop Will make a clear stealthusit because then you could not paint it. Which would confuse tournament painting competitions and such.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 05:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

This was from the last codex, and if they did have hooks then, my opponent never said anything, because I told him why I was going first, and he had also played Tau in the past. Its not the biggest concern, but it does hurt stealth suits by taking away their little edge in CC. On a plus, they can now move and shoot with heavy weapons, making a markerlight and target lock on the shas'vre almost mandatory.

On the clear model, they could just make it a special promotion or something. And people can always paint over it if they want, or give it the in transition stealth effect, by just painting the legs.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 07:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxiliary priest
This was from the last codex, and if they did have hooks then, my opponent never said anything, because I told him why I was going first, and he had also played Tau in the past. Its not the biggest concern, but it does hurt stealth suits by taking away their little edge in CC. On a plus, they can now move and shoot with heavy weapons, making a markerlight and target lock on the shas'vre almost mandatory.
"Edge in CC"? With a TAU unit? You DO realize that you can do much more damage to the enemy by just shooting him than letting your precious Stealths being assaulted in CC?
If anything, their powered armour gives them "an edge" - 3 attacks S4 on the charge, with a Marine save? Nice!
But sitting there and letting yourself get charged just to get the "cover"-bonus? That`s not what I`d call smart...

Quote:
On the clear model, they could just make it a special promotion or something. And people can always paint over it if they want, or give it the in transition stealth effect, by just painting the legs.
It wouldn`t look good - you still would have parts to glue, and it would show (with glue not being enarly as transparent as clear plastic). Besides, actually PAINTING Stealths in stealth mode is much more fun than just putting down a clear plastic... thing...

And it`s easy, as well... I even wrote a tutorial once:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...5788#msg745788
IMO, this actually works much better on the battlefield, and gives the army a homogenous look.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2008, 00:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxiliary priest
"Edge in CC"? With a TAU unit? You DO realize that you can do much more damage to the enemy by just shooting him than letting your precious Stealths being assaulted in CC?
If anything, their powered armour gives them "an edge" - 3 attacks S4 on the charge, with a Marine save? Nice!
But sitting there and letting yourself get charged just to get the "cover"-bonus? That`s not what I`d call smart...
I may have been a bit confusing on this, I really shouldn't have used the word "edge". I don't intend to sit my suits where they can be assaulted, but when the case happens, I'm noticing a bad trend of a lot more offensive grenades. I know that for my area, I don't see a lot of marines with frag grenades, except for the jump troops. My concern is with the frag grenades being standard equipment on marines in particular, being in cover seems like it loses the advantage it once had.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 01:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yep, and with (statistically) marines being the most common army faced, cover dosnt matter as much in CC (which dosnt make much sense but o well...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote