Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Command Suit
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:41   #1 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Default Command Suit

Is it worth buying the command suit just to get the AFP and CIB bits? I already have 10 suits now and while I like the stats on the weapons I just don't know if they are worth buying another suit.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Command Suit

It is always worth buying another suit, offendi.*

But if you're bothered you can just convert AFP and CIBs. The CIB is a waste of time in my experience anyway, lots of people here love it but I've had nothing but bad luck on it.

*I want someone to know the source of this. Please. It'd make me happy.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If you just want it for the bits, you can convert using spare peices you have.

Thats what I did for my CIB.

Snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
The sacrament of Dakka can be expressed only by those who have experienced it. It is a holy sacrament (of fire) that states "We are firing our guns at you. Die."
The Canadian Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Besides the head differences and the weapons, doesn't the command suit come with the CC paperweight and the Position Relay?

No. What I am saying is that my Air Support has lots of Ground Cadre.

If a Land Raider dies to a rail gun, and no one was around to see it, does the kill point still exist?
ranzin927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Yeah but the extras aren't *really* worth it as they're all easily convertible.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:58   #6 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Well I just did a search for converting CIB and AFP but had no luck. Does anyone want to share any successful conversion tips?
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 20:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here's what I did.

I used a Burst Cannon, 2 Flamer bits, and a Shield Generator.

I cut the square tanks off the flamers and the small shafts underneath the barrel. I then glued it tot he top and bottom of the burst cannon, and I glued the shield generator to the side of the burst cannon. It looks nothing like the CIB in the bits box, but it works for me, and it stands out enough to know its not a Burst Cannon.

I would put pictures, but because I don't have a camera, or a way of putting them on the internet...

Snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
The sacrament of Dakka can be expressed only by those who have experienced it. It is a holy sacrament (of fire) that states "We are firing our guns at you. Die."
The Canadian Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 20:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Well I just did a search for converting CIB and AFP but had no luck. Does anyone want to share any successful conversion tips?
Here`s my AFP:

The Barrel comes from an Autocannon, the muzzel from a FB.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 21:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The AFP and CIB aren't the best looking guns, so if you don't want another body, convert it. The command suit heads are a bit dumb looking in my opinion anyway.

Innes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 21:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Don't bother buying a command suit. Much of the fun is in converting your own.

For instance my commander is a Fusion Blaster suit with an Air bursting fragmentation projector and shield gen. I built my AFP from a Space Marine missile launcher to which I used a target lock system which I added to it and took the Imperail insigniture off it and then rear mounted it almost like a backpack mortar.

The CIB can also be converted, look on the convertion boards I never wanted it because after I tested it found it to be lacking against hordes (even for it's phenomenal shot rate).

Offendi? Isn't that Italian for offended? Or is it Terry Pratchett? I dunno sorry...

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote