Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Batrep] Tau go smurf hunting
Old 17 Aug 2008, 20:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default [Batrep] Tau go smurf hunting

A buddy of mine plays GKs and decided to start an ultra's army, as he is still building it up some of it isn't painted and the dreads are proxied by GK dreads.

This was my first attempt at his list since he started the army-

Game-
2,000 points
Mission-
kill points
Deployment-
12"

his list
HQ-
.master with ret
TROOP-
.4X tac squads
.2X scout squad
ELITE
.2X TLLC, DCCW/heavy flamer dreads
FAST-
.MM land speeder
HEAVY-
.landraider
.pred with las/HB and POTMS(using the new POTMS rules found in the GK FAQ)

my list-
HQ
.shas'o, marker drone, plasma/missle/shield generator
.shas'o, fusion, missle, iridium armor, stim injectors, shield generator, X2 shield drones.
TROOP
X2 7 man FW squad SGT has puls carbine, marker light, marker drone.
X2 warfish transports with the works+ 2 seeker missles each.
ELITE
X3 shas'vre, plasma/missle, X2 shield drones, targeting array
HEAVY-
X2 hammerhead with rail, SMS and the works
X4 gun sentries(counts as 1 FOC slot), missle X2, plasma X1, fusion X1

P.S.
Had to borrow a suit because i left one of mine at home.

I rolled up first turn. killed a dread, some snipers and little else, he immobilised both my hammerheads.

Turn 2
My first pod (fussion blaster) comes in, lands on and stunns the land raider. stunning itself as well so it hides. my DSing tank hunting shas'o drops in and scatters closer to his target....the land raider.

My FWs holding my right flank are out of range of everything and so they spend most of the game markerlighting for other units. i utalise alot of JSJ, i make his snipers, speeder, TLLC on his pread and some tac marines go away, immobilise and weapon destroy his last dread. it has no long ranged guns now so i ignore it the rest of the game. and my shas' immobilises his raider.

His turn 2, he makes a critical error, instead of engaging my shas'o in CC he decides to shoot at him...... alot.
2 squads the land raider and the predator open up on him. he manages to take 1 wound through the process..i made lots of shield saves and the iridium armor is worth it's points.

Turn 3
My warfish are out of position and flank right trying to engage his troops. i spend alot of shots wearing down his tacs that got out of the land raider and a second group moving across the middle of the table.

his turn 3,
He trys in vain to make the sentry turrets go away, but i make saves like a champ. the missle one finally takes damage and hides.

He again tries to shoot my shas'o to death, i loose a single shield drone and soldier on.

Turn 4
I forget to roll for my remaining drop sentries but continue to move my warfish up, my suits JSJ and wear down his tacs, the fussion sentry kills the land raiders facing gun. one of the missle sentries finally takes damage and hides.

His pred rolls around the corner and unloads into the closest warfish and with a little help from the tac squad in the center of the table he kills it. i sustain no other damage this turn.

Turn 5
Drop sentries come in automatically now. i aim for his raider landing dead on once and make my invul save the other scatters off to the side a bit.

The raider feeling loved-

The fussion sentry finally kills the raider. with it out of the picture i focus my attention on his tacs and pred. eliminating one squad, taking the other down to 3.

All of his return fire manages to make the other missle sentry hide and he does 1 wound to the iridium shas'o, who succesfully passes a FNP check.

game continues..........

Turn 6
I destroy the other dread(had noting else to shoot at), the pred and a few more tac marines. his return fire is innefective.

game ends-

Tally-
tau losses
1 shield drone
1 wound on the iridium shas'o
1 devilfish destroyed
both hammerheads immobilised, one with a destroyed railgun.
KP lost-1

Ultras-
2 dreads
land raider
land speeder
predator
1 tac squad
1 scout squad
and a smattering of marines from other units.

KP lost-7

Victory for tau

1+ Karma - C_V
Old 17 Aug 2008, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [Batrep] Tau go smurf hunting

wow that is a really good battle report. i have never heard of or seen a gun turret thing before ad i am very interested in it. overall a very good battle report.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP
BITCHES!!!!!
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 21:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
wow that is a really good battle report. i have never heard of or seen a gun turret thing before ad i am very interested in it. overall a very good battle report.
they are forge world items, each one costs a bit more than a stock crisis suit base, but you really need to spend the extra points so they can deepstrike and have the shield generator.

they work well as objective contesting units and annoying units that can be placed in your enemies rear area's that he simply cannot ignore. they work much like drop pods with a special rule that allows them to damage vehicles they land on. it's actually a detriment in KP games because your filling 1 slot with 4 seperate units. but after some play testing i decided they were worth it just because of how survivable(and dangerous) they are.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 02:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Congratulations on your victory. This actually makes me think that shooting at that commander was a huge mistake. i mean did he not have any plasma guns or anythink that would pierce armor.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 05:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu
Congratulations on your victory. This actually makes me think that shooting at that commander was a huge mistake. i mean did he not have any plasma guns or anythink that would pierce armor.
Oh he had plenty of it. divergent trait allowed him to take melta/plasma in each squad, i just made my 4+ saves. with iridium armor, stim injectors a shield generator and 2 shield drones. shooting at him is about the worst possible thing you can do. he is designed to deepstrike into enemy deployment zones and kill armor. so he has to be able to soak some punishment coming back at him. like all tau however he is at a major disadvantage in CC.