Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

If i take a special character hq can I take another battle suit as a hq?
Old 16 Aug 2008, 04:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default If i take a special character hq can I take another battle suit as a hq?

To give a example of this I want to take Commander Rymr from forge world as my shas'o, I was wondering if i will be able to take another battle suite and make him a hq as well
Old 16 Aug 2008, 05:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: If i take a special character hq can I take another battle suit as a hq?

Yes. While running 2 'Os isn't very fluffy, there's no rules to stop it. And an 'O IC, be it Rmyr, Shadowsun or Shovah, leading a cadre with an 'el 2nd-in-charge is a fluffy way to bring in more suits.

Hail to the God-Emperor, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khathecleric
My love runs her Sisters with melta, so it does get rather hot for my suits when she's around. :P
I just gotta comment that I LOVE all the inuendo in this statement right here... hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyrfalconXV25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Is that penetration only for vehicles?
What else would you like to penetrate?
Sisters of battle for starters.....
Khathecleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2008, 05:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: If i take a special character hq can I take another battle suit as a hq?

thanks that just made my day cause now i dont have to reconfigure my crisis suits
Old 16 Aug 2008, 05:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

also while playing a game today one of my friends advised me I could only run 3 elite choices in any army is this correct? I thought i could run any number of elites I wanted? If so how do people run 3k army's
Old 16 Aug 2008, 05:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If you are playing a normal 40K game using the FOC, then yes you only have 3 elite choices which translates to 3 teams of Crisis trios and/or Stealth teams. It is possible to hit 3k pts in a normal game by fully taking up all slots and upgrading everything; you might even reach 3.5k!

3k and above and no FOC is an Apocalypse game. In that type of 40K game, you just make up the points of your army in any way you wish, and have fun.

Hail to the God-Emperor, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khathecleric
My love runs her Sisters with melta, so it does get rather hot for my suits when she's around. :P
I just gotta comment that I LOVE all the inuendo in this statement right here... hehe
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Is that penetration only for vehicles?
What else would you like to penetrate?
Sisters of battle for starters.....
Khathecleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2008, 06:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax
also while playing a game today one of my friends advised me I could only run 3 elite choices in any army is this correct? I thought i could run any number of elites I wanted? If so how do people run 3k army's
Whatever Khathecleric said; but also not that the FOC requires you to field 1 HQ unit and allows up to 2; you HAVE to field 2 Troops but are limited to a maximum of 6, and Fast Attack, Heavy Support and Elite are all 0-3, respectively.

So, the smallest legal force contains 1 HQ unit and two troop choices; the biggest legal force using a single FOC contains 2 HQs, 6 Troops, 3 Elite, 3 FA, 3 HS.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2008, 14:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thank you guys very much you been a great help
Old 17 Aug 2008, 17:52   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to cezscout

With the new rules try making Crisis suits your Shas'o body guards and give them all hardwired target locks so all suits in the unit can shoot at something else (no more target priority checks) this will cut down on VP someone can get from you in a Annihilation game.

This will also free up some Elite slots.