Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Couple of Questions
Old 12 Aug 2008, 11:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Couple of Questions

Hey guys got a few Q's.

I just got the new Tau Codex a few weeks ago and have been reading it. Now im not up to snuff with my 5th edition rules yet either so I apologize.

So it says crisis suits are Jump infantry, and follow those rules for jump packs. In the 3rd edition tau codex it specifically states tau jump suits move 6", while in the empire codex its says they follow the rules for jump packs which move 12"....How does it work?

Does buying a bodyguard count as an Hq choice?

I read on here some where that a marker light drone could move and fire (with stealth team....) How is this?

Thanks for all the help ;D
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2008, 11:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Couple of Questions

They are not proper Jump Infantry. They are Jump Infantry(Jetpack) which follow the rules for Jetpack in the Jump Infantry section. So they can move 6" in the movement phase, 6" in the assault phase and get the rule Relentless

A bodyguard does not count as an HQ choice, but must be attached to a commander battlesuit who does take a HQ choice.

A markerdrone can move and fire a markerlight, as they gain the unit type Jump Infantry(Jetpack) from the stealths, and therefore the rule Relentless. This is still in debate, some say that they do not get Relentless, just the movement rules of a Jetpack.

Don't worry about asking questions, everyone has questions when they first read a codex.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2008, 13:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

As Korill said, our battlesuits are not normal Jump Infantry, they are Jump Infantry (Jet Pack). While normal Jump Infantry can move 12" in the movement phase, Jet Packers move 6", and may move another 6" in the assault phase. Familiarize yourself with the term JSJ (Jump-Shoot-Jump), as its a very common strategy with our battlesuits. You jump out from behind cover, pop some shots off, then jump back behind cover, thus denying your opponent's ability to shoot or assault you.

To answer your Markerlight question, as of 5th edition, all Jump Infantry (Jet Pack) get the new Relentless special rule. Simply enough, we're allowed to move and fire Rapid Fire/Heavy weapons as if we had remained stationary. A Stealthsuit team leader equipped with a markerlight, or marker drones included in Crisis/Stealth suit squads may move and still fire Markerlights.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2008, 15:17   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTruthWisdom
To answer your Markerlight question, as of 5th edition, all Jump Infantry (Jet Pack) get the new Relentless special rule. Simply enough, we're allowed to move and fire Rapid Fire/Heavy weapons as if we had remained stationary. A Stealthsuit team leader equipped with a markerlight, or marker drones included in Crisis/Stealth suit squads may move and still fire Markerlights.
That's awesome to hear, sounds like I'm coming into Tau at about the right time!
I would march to battle with copies of the constitution pinned to me like purity seals
Lyk4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2008, 17:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyk4n
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTruthWisdom
That's awesome to hear, sounds like I'm coming into Tau at about the right time!
You have to be careful though. You can't take a Markerdrone and fire it on the move with Fire Warriors, Pathfinders or Broadsides. They count as basic infantry, not Jetpack infantry. One of the guys at the store I play at thought that all drones are Jetpack all the time, but in reality they become the unit type of who they're attached to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote