Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Can assault vehicles now!
Old 04 Aug 2008, 21:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tau Can assault vehicles now!

Assault those vehicles with your firewarriors ( really good vs light vehicles with carbine equipped models as they can shoot and assault).

If you equip your squad with photon grenades, these now count as defensive grenades, which in turn give you a 4 +D6 armour penetration role against a vehicle, and if you assault a vehicle you attack its rear armour value, (except ws vehicles, and tank shock). To hit rolls are not WS based, and you will probably have a squad of 10 - 12 firewarriors, and then next turn you can use that extra 6 inches you gained by assaulting to get behind and carbine/ rapid fire it to death.
Animist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 21:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: Tau Can assault vehicles now!

Or you could use EMP grenades, on a 4,5 glance, a six is penetrating.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Yes, you could use the EMP grenades, but every one is most likely to take the Photon grenades as they're cheep. The EMP grenades are a bit more expensive to field a full squad with. Which makes the option of taking a Shas'ui even better, for taking that one EMP grenade. Just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 06:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

so everyones relying on a 6 to do anything now? why are you running fire warriors at tanks again?

Id rather fire with hells fury pulse rifle, like I do with reach around khorne berserker. At least then Id know I could get more chance then a grenade. This is why human auxiliaries need to be legit, we need a justifiable emp grenade user.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 07:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have to agree with pepsi. A full squad of fire warriors is going to average a single glancing hit with the grenades on a slow-moving vehicle, and probably nothing on a vehicle moving at Cruising or better. Pulse rifle fire has higher strength and more shots, although I admit you do have to get to the rear armor the hard way. Really, even pulse rifle fire against a vehicle is going to be a fairly rare occurrence, I think. While I've been known to stop a Rhino occasionally with pulse or rail rifle fire, if you're shooting hand weapons at vehicles I have to wonder what the railguns and missiles have been doing!

I like the EMP grenades, though. They're too expensive to give to every soldier, but my shas'ui occasionally grabs one for Death or Glory attempts in Apocalypse.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 08:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
I have to agree with pepsi. A full squad of fire warriors is going to average a single glancing hit with the grenades on a slow-moving vehicle, and probably nothing on a vehicle moving at Cruising or better. Pulse rifle fire has higher strength and more shots, although I admit you do have to get to the rear armor the hard way. Really, even pulse rifle fire against a vehicle is going to be a fairly rare occurrence, I think. While I've been known to stop a Rhino occasionally with pulse or rail rifle fire, if you're shooting hand weapons at vehicles I have to wonder what the railguns and missiles have been doing!

I like the EMP grenades, though. They're too expensive to give to every soldier, but my shas'ui occasionally grabs one for Death or Glory attempts in Apocalypse.
dont know, even with my mps and railguns, rhino spam can get through. But the kicker is, even a pulserifle can glance front armor on a 6. If I get a chance I take the shot.

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 14:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
This is why human auxiliaries need to be legit, we need a justifiable emp grenade user.
While I completely agree with pepsi I have to point out*

Why aren't kroot are more valable candidate to carry grenades? Hell I'll pay extra 2 points to give them kraks so they can scare the crap out of anyone short of a landraider. Specially when they COME with them on the sprue? Is TAU empire has a ban on grenades but no ban on biting the enemie's arms and face off right in the middle of the field? XD

This calls for a "Serenity" quote ->

Quote:
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't plan on any shooting taking place during this job.
Jayne Cobb: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: No grenades.
[Jayne groans]
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: No grenades!
^_^ and yes I'd love to see 1-2 units of Gue'vesa in our book Always thought that human rouges and mercs are just as valuable to TAU as kroot ^_^ (though admittedly kroot are my favorite ^_^)

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 14:32   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne
Sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tcha think?

This isn't really a new tactic. Photons gave us a S4 hit in 4th edition as well, the only thing thats changed is the ease of hitting the rear armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 19:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why even bother with the gernades, just use the kroot as is. They have strength 4 and when they assualt get 3 attacks, a min. of 30 hits is going to get a few glances. I'll take a none moving, no gun having vehicle on the board any day. I think that also makes up for their 70 points cost pretty darn quick.

Leave the gernades at home and throw some bodies at those tanks.
Texibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 19:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

that sounds like the gaurdsmen, why have armour when you can through bodies at them?

but i think it would be cheaper with a shas'ui, but not the best idea, if you have to do it use a suit... better strength ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote