Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Markerlight and crisis suit equipment question
Old 04 Aug 2008, 11:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Markerlight and crisis suit equipment question

Hey everyone, I've been reading through the codex as well as the new rulebook and a couple things arn't making sense to me.

Firstly I'll ask about the crisis suits. It says in the codex that they may choose up to 3 weapon systems or support systems, but then in the back of the book in the picture section, it says they may choose 2 weapons and 1 support.

Is this just an example of what they can pick, or does it HAVE to be 2 weapons and 1 support? And nothing like 1 wep and 2 supp, and can you even choose 3 weps or 3 supps?

Secondly is the markerlights. Now how are they fired? Do you fire them instead of their usual gun? Or can you fire both? And with marker drones, are you able to give them to any unit if they have a drone controller? (also is a drone controller a support system or wargear?).

Besides marker drones, what other models can have markerlights? Pretty much all I know are the drones and pathfinders with carbines.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I would just like these things cleared up, thx
Dtram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 11:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim
Default Re: Markerlight and crisis suit equipment question

To your first question, in the FAQ it says to ignore what is written on that page (including the Stealthsuit bit), so yes, it's just an example of what they can pick.

To your second question, they count as normal weapons in all respects (other than Strength, AP [[size=6pt]& therefore saves] & their special rules[/size]), so are treated as such, sp you can only fire it with another weapon if the owner has the ability to fire more than one weapon.
Old 04 Aug 2008, 11:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, Markerlights just roll to hit, and take place of normal firing unless you have a multi tracker.
Then you may choose from the table of their various effects.
Markerdrones are available to anyone with a drone controller, which has a normal version taking up a support system, and a hardwired version under wargear, but only open to models with access to wargear, such Firewarrior, Pathfinder and XV Team leaders, and Shas'vre or higher ranks.
Pathfinders, Firewarriors, XV25 Stealth and Honour Guard can all get markerlights, while Markerdrones, Sniper spotters and Skyrays all have networked markerlights, which mean they can benefit the squad they're in as well as any other squad.

Don't worry about asking, everyone has questions when they start.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2008, 12:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtram
Firstly I'll ask about the crisis suits. It says in the codex that they may choose up to 3 weapon systems or support systems, but then in the back of the book in the picture section, it says they may choose 2 weapons and 1 support.

Is this just an example of what they can pick, or does it HAVE to be 2 weapons and 1 support? And nothing like 1 wep and 2 supp, and can you even choose 3 weps or 3 supps?
It's a mix and match, although a lot of player goes with 2 weapons (or twinlink) + 1 support , or 1 weapon + 2 support...3 weapon is still seen often enough with 'Vre and Commanders.

3 support systems is never seen...at least not in my experience. I guess people thinks suits requires a gun of some sort. I'm currently making a Support HQ which has no weapon and 3 support systems...he'll be so cool.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 20:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Eh-heh... that could be a good idea, actually. What do you plan on giving him? C&C Nodes are useless now, since Target Priority checks have been abolished. Shield Generator, Drone Controller w/ 2 Marker Drones and a... um... thingy?
Even though the question has been answered already, I'll answer them too. There's no restrictions on what three things you take but I think you HAVE to fill all three slots- the most common is 2 different weapons and a multi-tracker. All XV8s above Shas'ui rank have access to the hard-wired version, freeing up a slot for something else. Also common are suits with a twin-linked weapon and Targeting Array or Shield Generator.
Codex: Tinmen, Codex: Meatshields, Codex: Ghostbusters, Codex: Secret police, Codex: Spiky Tinmen, Codex: Ghosties, Codex: Emos, Codex: Dark Emos, Codex: Zombies, Codex: Beetles, Codex: Chavs, Codex: Communists. Now who's who?
DanTay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2008, 22:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Shield gen, positional relay, Targetting array (It's a XV-84 with the markerlight/target lock) Stiminjector, HW BSF, HW Drone controller and 2 marker drones.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote