Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

a bunch of tau questions i've been dying to ask.
Old 03 Aug 2008, 18:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to fiercegoldfish
Default a bunch of tau questions i've been dying to ask.

1. is it normally worth the points to have a crisis suit HQ and then an etheral as anolther HQ, and then leave the etheral out of the action in order to get the "reroll leadership tests" perk?
2. how do you create iridium armour to equip on a crisis suit
3.it seems that the hammerhead does not come with ALL of the wargear or w/e that you can equip with it such as flechette dischargers and such. A. does it come with them and B. if not, where do i get them?
4. the smart missile system on a broadside; does each hand count as a separate smart missile system, are they twin linked, or are the 2 combined the smart missile system. the same question aplies to the smart missile sytem drones on a hammerhead. thanks for your help.
Old 03 Aug 2008, 18:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: a bunchof tau questions ive been dying to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegoldfish
1. is it normally worth the points to have a crisis suit HQ and then an etheral as anolther HQ, and then leave the etheral out of the action in order to get the "reroll leadership tests" perk?
Usually no. Ethereal needs LOS for the Leadership test, and there's not as many leadership test as before, so why risk it? The only really good use of the ethereal is a full 12 man Honur guard with the BS of 4. >

Quote:
2. how do you create iridium armour to equip on a crisis suit
Look up GW UK site, they use to have something for this. Basically using platicard. Most people don't usually modle that specific wargear...and now with the 5th ed rules, and that fact the AP2 and AP1 weapon ignore Feel no pain, IA doesn't look as attractive...more likely to get Instandeath.

Quote:
3.it seems that the hammerhead does not come with ALL of the wargear or w/e that you can equip with it such as flechette dischargers and such. A. does it come with them and B. if not, where do i get them?
The only standard, automatic, free wargear is the targetting array. You have to pay for the Main weapon, secondary weapon and all the other wargear. You get them from the list in your codex entitle 'Vehicule wargear' it's after the infantry wargear.

Quote:
4. the smart missile system on a broadside; does each hand count as a separate smart missile system, are they twin linked, or are the 2 combined the smart missile system. the same question aplies to the smart missile sytem drones on a hammerhead. thanks for your help.
In every cases they are not Twin-link, they are all a single weapon...which happens to be represented in 2 sections/parts/halves.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2008, 18:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: a bunchof tau questions ive been dying to ask.

"In every cases they are Twin-link, they are all a single weapon...which happens to be represented in 2 sections/parts/halves."

Then waht happens if you detach the two drone from a hammerhead and one of the drones gets shot down? can the other still shoot his smart missile system?
Old 03 Aug 2008, 18:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: a bunch of tau questions i've been dying to ask.

Quote:
Then waht happens if you detach the two drone from a hammerhead and one of the drones gets shot down? can the other still shoot his smart missile system?
I think you are a bit confused here. On a vehicule you have gun drones and you have SMS. The SMS cannot be seperated from the vehicule like a gun drone.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 03 Aug 2008, 18:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Quote:
The only standard, automatic, free wargear is the targetting array. You have to pay for the Main weapon, secondary weapon and all the other wargear. You get them from the list in your codex entitle 'Vehicule wargear' it's after the infantry wargear.
I think he meant the parts, in which case Forgeworld do 2 of the missing wargear, which can be made quite easily (& cheaply) at home from bitz.
Old 03 Aug 2008, 18:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Grim
I think he meant the parts, in which case Forgeworld do 2 of the missing wargear, which can be made quite easily (& cheaply) at home from bitz.
yea. i was looking for the parts to model on to the hammerhead. thanks. ile have to buy that set. now if i only knew how much a euro is in USD...
Old 03 Aug 2008, 19:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well they are in British Pound, not Euro...but roughly count 2 USD per Pounds. It should give you a general idea.

Plus keep in mind that since flechette discharger and the decoy launcher are done by forgeworld, you could have it on your list but not represented on your model since GW didn't make any bits fro it.

But you must declare to your opponent that you have them though, if you play full disclosure.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 03 Aug 2008, 19:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Quote:
ile have to buy that set. now if i only knew how much a euro is in USD...
You could easily model them, & they would be much cheaper than forgeworld ones (as I said earlier), besides, anything goes, if there's not a model for it, then you can just do anything & tell your opponent what it is, if not, then you can do it anyway (thanks to the Count-As rule)! I use a Burst Cannon half on each side of my tanks for Disruption Pods.