Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

broadside's legs
Old 31 Jul 2008, 07:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Ophil
Default broadside's legs

this may sound weird but I'm doing some broadsides and I'm making them look like there brasing the recoil of a shot with bent legs, my friend calls me retarded that i have him with a straight leg at the front and a bent leg at the back, what do you think?
Ophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 07:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean
Default Re: broadside's legs

Sounds cool.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 09:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Jedibean a post really needs to have more than a single sentence or else its spam, ok you think its cool now say why.

Personally that sounds like a good idea, the GW broadsides have always been far too static IMO. However the ankles are not very sturdy so you may have to build some kind of brace for them or an ankle guard to make sure the feet don't snap off.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 13:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I agree with vash the ancles are pretty flimsy but that would be a neat battle pose.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 14:14   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophil
this may sound weird but I'm doing some broadsides and I'm making them look like there brasing the recoil of a shot with bent legs, my friend calls me retarded that i have him with a straight leg at the front and a bent leg at the back, what do you think?
if you want to know how good your stance is for bracing for recoil, stand in it, then tell a friend to push you really hard on the shoulders. The way you've suggested (straight leg at the front and bent leg at the back) really makes a kind of awkward stance for a sudden backwards torque on your shoulders...
Old 31 Jul 2008, 14:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

there was something i saw on a diffrent site, where they left the back off a broadside, added another middle piece (the one with the arm studs) and then the back, it let them put an extra pair of legs on the broadside, will find a link...

your idea sounds really cool though, but make shure you test this pose (like Darmago said) to see if it really works

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 15:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

if he was leaning back from the recoil of a fired shot his back leg would be bent and his front straight. If he is braced for a shot about to fire the front leg should be bent and the one behind him straight.

Technically would a railgun even have a recoil? Theres no explosives being used, only a slug thrown through a series of magnets. So Id think there wouldnt be a recoil, merely a series of sonic booms from the slug breaking the sound barrier multiple times as it leaves the barrel.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 15:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Angus
Technically would a railgun even have a recoil? Theres no explosives being used, only a slug thrown through a series of magnets. So Id think there wouldnt be a recoil, merely a series of sonic booms from the slug breaking the sound barrier multiple times as it leaves the barrel.
That's what I always figured was occuring rith Railgun and railrifle: 0 recoil since it's simply a slug propelled via a magnetic field.

But I like your idea of a strait in front and bent in the back...it will be more life-like. Besides it's yout Broadside, you can do whatever you want regardless of your firends opinion.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 15:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

a jets sonic boom can shatter cups on the grround... so the gun has no recoil, but it has a shockwave that could potentally break the suit, besides the pose looks cool either way ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 15:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Erm... I thought the jetpack of an XV8 was removed to make room for recoil compensators so that it can carry raiguns? Doesn't this mean that there is some recoil?

Hail to the God-Emperor, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khathecleric
My love runs her Sisters with melta, so it does get rather hot for my suits when she's around. :P
I just gotta comment that I LOVE all the inuendo in this statement right here... hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyrfalconXV25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyrfalconXV25
Is that penetration only for vehicles?
What else would you like to penetrate?
Sisters of battle for starters.....
Khathecleric is offline   Reply With Quote