Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Wishlist
Old 29 Jul 2008, 23:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau Wishlist

Does anyone know if GW is releasing another Tau codex anytime soon too go along with 5th edition? ???
Melon Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 00:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Tau Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Master
Does anyone know if GW is releasing another Tau codex anytime soon too go along with 5th edition? ???
I sincerely doubt we'll be getting a new.... new codex anytime soon. The Space Wolf Codex, the Daemonhunters and witchunters codexies are two editions old, the Dark Eldar codex is THREE editions old. See what I mean?

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 00:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

yes they will be redoing it. they are redoing EVERY army for 5th... i think chaos daemons are the exception because they were made for 5th and techincally the first 5th ed army... but its going SM next then Space wolfes, then IG, then necrons and dark eldar (not sure which first), and then nids and tau (again not sure which first) you're lookin at '10 for next codex tho.but we'll most probably be getting new models for the planet fall thing next summer. so that shall keep us goin lol
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 00:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

I can remeber when the last Tau codex came out Tau ended up like last place in the Fall of Medusa V thing. So I don't think new codexes treat Tau very good.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 01:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

erm... thats the first new codex tau have gotten... you can't base all future codexs (or what ever the plural is :P) on a single summer campaing were the players didn't do to well... i don't think there were that many tau players in it in the first place, and also wasn't the codex like brand new for it??
Old 30 Jul 2008, 01:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfrikA
I can remeber when the last Tau codex came out Tau ended up like last place in the Fall of Medusa V thing. So I don't think new codexes treat Tau very good.
As I remember it, Necrons came last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merqu
yes they will be redoing it. they are redoing EVERY army for 5th
I remember when they said that for fourth edition.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 02:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
Quote:
yes they will be redoing it. they are redoing EVERY army for 5th
I remember when they said that for fourth edition.....
I guess if they hadn't so rudely interrupted themselves with 5th ed., they probably would have gotten around to it eventually.

Let's hope GW has enough time to do it this time (redo every codex, that its), before they are 'interrupted' again... by themselves.

Love it or hate it, 5th ed. came about pretty abruptly, eh? Well, at least other races like DE are finally getting an update, which should add some variety to things.

- Abdul Alhazred, The Mad Arab of Cthulhu Lore, on the subject of Chaos Tau [link]

"Zomg, teh Tau are teh evil bastardz, they suk at life."
copy and paste this into your sig if you hate Tau.

Proud member of Team CMAP - DON'T HOLD BACK- The time has come to- GALVANIZE!
Floobosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 02:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

well their gonna have 5 codex's out by the end of '09 for 5th Ed, 6 if you include Chaos Daemons... thats a 3rd of ALL the codex's in 1 n a half years... if continue on that output rate thats 4 n a half years for all the codex's to be re-released... then its on to 6th Ed :P
Old 30 Jul 2008, 03:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Quote:
well their gonna have 5 codex's out by the end of '09 for 5th Ed, 6 if you include Chaos Daemons... thats a 3rd of ALL the codex's in 1 n a half years... if continue on that output rate thats 4 n a half years for all the codex's to be re-released... then its on to 6th Ed :P
The problem with that, is that they also have to re-do fantasy army books, make another few LotR supplements (kick a dead horse), and that editions are only 4 years apart, not 4 and a half.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 03:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
yes they will be redoing it. they are redoing EVERY army for 5th... i think chaos daemons are the exception because they were made for 5th and techincally the first 5th ed army... but its going SM next then Space wolfes, then IG, then necrons and dark eldar (not sure which first), and then nids and tau (again not sure which first) you're lookin at '10 for next codex tho.but we'll most probably be getting new models for the planet fall thing next summer. so that shall keep us goin lol
Correction, they aren't redoing every codex for 5th. The codices (plural of codex) that were made for fifth are Eldar, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos daemons. The only upgrades every codex is getting at the moment are the FAQ's on the GW website. And I wouldn't be complaining about not getting a new codex soon (not that any of you have, just planning ahead) There are many older armies out there who need/deserve a new codex. Tau were only done recently (considering the speed GW work at) Dark Eldar had their first codex in 1998, and their second was a slightly re-vamped version of the same thing in 2003! Tau on the other hand were released in 2001, and redone (new unit and heaps of other nice stuff) in 2006! So I'd be waiting a long time til Tau are re-done. There are supposedly new models coming though
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote