Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Wishlist
Old 30 Jul 2008, 09:00   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tau Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpchickeninabizkit
There are supposedly new models coming though
What new models have you heard are coming?
Old 30 Jul 2008, 09:28   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

They will probably release an updated version of the current codex with the things they have changed in the FAQ, similar to how there are two editions of the Daemonhunters/Witchhunters Codex's.

As for new firewarriors, they are probably just going to fix their botched batch and re release properly cast ones again, though it would be nice to see them add drones onto the firewarrior sprue and some clip on markerlights/rail rifles so you can make placcy pathies properly, there is definately space on the sprue for it.
Animist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 15:54   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i have heard about the FW legs, but which pair? one of them has the wavy cloth texture continuing up the knee pad, that one?

and if they do release new fire warriors i doubt they will look very diffrent, probably just adding some upgrades and new poses or such

the codex will take a while to be updated, but on the bright side we pay 5 pts for out vehicles 4+ saves agenst everything more than 1ft out ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 19:37   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO KVor

A new codex is currently in progress!...might be a while 'til release, but at least it's underway.
ShasO KVor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 20:30   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O K'Vor
A new codex is currently in progress!...might be a while 'til release, but at least it's underway.
Who told you that? Don't believe everything you hear, much of it is likely wrong.

As for new models thats a distinct possibility, GW's doing splash releases instead of releasing them all with the Codexies, plus a Collectors Range with new fancy metal models for each race, we may well see a handful of new Tau models over the next year or two but don't hold your breath for anything fantastic.

A new Tau codex is a long way off most likely, even if development has started that means next to nothing as it could be a long time yet before its published and goodness knows marines have to have a new codex immediately. Don't be looking for a new Tau codex anytime soon, while one for 5th Edition is possible (if GW gets around too it) its probably going to be a long way off, Tau are pretty far back in the que.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 23:39   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

its nt every 4 years... its every 4 or 5 years... and i knew that daemons were a 5th army and that DA, BA, Orks, Eldar, and C:SM were designed for it but didn'nt know they were 5th Ed codices. in which case your actuallly looking at like 3 years lol. and yes they are doing 5 in a year n half... well the next 5 at least. you got SM, SW, IG, D.Eldar and Necrons (not sure order of last 2) before the end of '09 and that leaves (if the last 6 are indeed 5th Ed) that leaves only like 4 more after that, which are Nids, Tau, Inquisition, and Black Templar.... they may also be doing a couple of Chaos Legion Codices (just a rumor) so easily expect new tau for '10.

As for models i also heard about new Fire Warrior spure, and as mentioned many times on this forum human helpers lol
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2008, 23:48   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Thats a best case scenario though, really given other projects such as supplements, LotR material, Collectors Range productins, and Warhammer Fantasy while 5 codexies may be out in the next year or so, the others may not follow for some time yet. GW never got close to giving all the races their 4th Edition Codex, I don't see much of a reason to hope for every race getting a 5th Edition codex either unless GW really gets on the ball.

Old 31 Jul 2008, 19:15   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I can't tell you who exactly, of course. But let's say that it's not just what I was told, but what I saw!
Ok then, what did you see? It doesn't help us one bit by dropping mysterious comments, if you saw something speak up, if its just something a Red Shirt told you its likely only half true or outright false and even if its something you saw at Games Day or some GW employee showed you it still may be something else than you think. The Space Wolf models at Games Day don't herald the new release but are for a different purpose though a lot of people thought otherwise and thats just an example. We take every rumour with a grain of salt so its no offense to you or whoever/whatever informed you but to be truly believable we need to know more.

Old 31 Jul 2008, 20:55   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO KVor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
I can't tell you who exactly, of course. But let's say that it's not just what I was told, but what I saw!
Ok then, what did you see? It doesn't help us one bit by dropping mysterious comments, if you saw something speak up, if its just something a Red Shirt told you its likely only half true or outright false and even if its something you saw at Games Day or some GW employee showed you it still may be something else than you think. The Space Wolf models at Games Day don't herald the new release but are for a different purpose though a lot of people thought otherwise and thats just an example. We take every rumour with a grain of salt so its no offense to you or whoever/whatever informed you but to be truly believable we need to know more.
Artwork for the codex, mainly, but some other model concept art. It wasn't a red shirt, it was from the Design Studio.

I honestly can't say anymore and perhaps I shouldn't even have mentioned it in the first place ;-)
ShasO KVor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 10:27   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Well actually I feel that it's my civic duty to tattle, so speak for yourself. :P

Anyway, did this happen at Games Day? It's possible that it could have been old concept artwork. Someone was floating concepts of a daemon prince around back when the new Chaos codex was coming out, and it turned out to be an old concept for the last codex, if I'm not mistaken. People assumed it meant a new model.

That kinda thing. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote