Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Dedicated Transport rules.
Old 26 Jul 2008, 19:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Primo
Default New Dedicated Transport rules.

Hello again!

It's been quite some time since I last had a good spare time in my life, due to the fact that for the last 6 months, I've been a recruit at the army, working around a good 16 hours a day, every day except weekends (most of em atleast!)

Well, finally had time, and got the new rulebook, been reading forums (especially this one!) for topics going back, and one thing I didn't notice was:

Dedicated Transports, you see, on the new rules theres not many topics here, or atleast I've been to blind to find em right away-

Thing is, why not buy Pathfinders for lights, and then use their fishes for our Fire warriors, and save the points there!

My old setup was having 2-4 units of fire warriors with fishes, but then having another fish for pathfinders made it- meh- abit to much, if I had 2 groups, it would be fine but else than that, it would get to costy.

So, my new setup, I actually got a stunning 14 Pathfinders in a 1500 setup, for 2 devilfishes, for 2 groups of fire warriors, save points- and get alot of lights for pushing down the daisy! Why 14 Pathfinders?

I find a group of 8, and one of 6 a nice setup, the 8 man tend to light up the massfire, for boosting 2-3 other groups, average of 4 lights from these makes a nice +2x2 BS upgrade for (ex) the 2 fire warrior groups--- You gotta love 48 BS5 S5 shots hitting down a unit! The 6 then tend to light up more important solo targets, for say- railgun fire, a vehicle with a coversave- well remove that cover and add BS and you usually get something good in!

Thats just what I wanted to say, come with some ideas, if some of you didn't think of it yet, please post thoughts, and I'm happy you read this, it sure is good being back!

4 Massacres
5 Solid
2 Minor
1 Draw
0 Losses

Armies Played:
Tyranid, Chaos, Space Marines, Necrons, Daemon Hunters.
Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 04:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: New Dedicated Transport rules.

Me and my buddy were discussing when we first heard of the change of 5th edition. We both agreed this would be a good and viable tactic. The pathfinders get their free scout move so can get into a good position and pretty much markerlight for the rest of the game and giving you a devilfish for your Fire warriors. Seems the best bang for your buck. The only problem I can see and I need to check it (dont have a rulebook yet) is that the fire warriors cant start in it so have to hop in it first turn. Not a major problem just a thought.
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2008, 05:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New Dedicated Transport rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valten
Me and my buddy were discussing when we first heard of the change of 5th edition. We both agreed this would be a good and viable tactic. The pathfinders get their free scout move so can get into a good position and pretty much markerlight for the rest of the game and giving you a devilfish for your Fire warriors. Seems the best bang for your buck. The only problem I can see and I need to check it (dont have a rulebook yet) is that the fire warriors cant start in it so have to hop in it first turn. Not a major problem just a thought.
The Firewarriors can't start in the skimmers, but since they're FA's you can place them as cover in the set-up.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote