Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My first game...
Closed Thread
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My first game...

Well, I played my first real game with my 1000 point Tau army, long story short: I lost. Originally it was supposed to be me and an Imperial Guard player teamed up against Chaos and Tyranids. The Guard player didn't show up so it was me and the Tyranids' 1000 point armies versus a 2000 point Chaos army.

I suppose it was my stupidity in placing my hammerhead way in the back, rather than somewhere out in the open which would allow me to shoot at any targets that WEREN'T obscured by terrain.

However, the chaos army was really cheezed out. And I mean REALLY! > He only took the absolute minimum of 2 five man squads of regular marines. ??? The rest went to terminators, obliterators, a defiler and a helluva lot of Khorne berzerkers and plague marines. I'm not even mentioning the bloodthirster and his insane demon prince that had 10 attacks.

Although my tau and the tyranids were severely outmatched, there were a couple of interesting things that happened:

I managed to kill his defiler in one shot of my hammerhead railgun... that was the only time it shot in that game.... EVER.

And I also managed to destroy the bloodthirster with 2 fireteams of about 15 guys total, firing rapid shot at him, of course not that it mattered anymore at the time, the outcome was pretty much decided by then. The next turn his demon prince easily made short work of them.

My 6 unit strong stealth trooper +2 gun drone team also managed to kill the 4 remaining members of a 5 man marine squad in hand to hand... right before being annihilated by a terminator squad.

Not that the 'nid player had much more luck either, his rush of termagaunts and genstealers at a pack of khorne berzerkers only resulted in 2 or 3 of 'em dead.

Another funny (annoying) thing that happened was whenever i managed to hit the blood thirster or demon prince with my fusion blasters or plasma guns I would always roll a 1 to wound... EVERY SINGLE TIME. >

Ah well. hopefully next game my luck'll go better. I'll probably not play so conservatively, try to be more "in your face". >
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88
Default Re: My first game...

ouch.

if you want feedback, i'm afraid we'll need more info.
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I can critique your list in the AL forum, but it seems to me you just got a bit cheesed when you were unprepared.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Don't sweat it man. Cheese works best when you don't know what he's fielding. I'm sure he probably gave you some false information as well. However, just knowing he packed a thirster and a 10+ attack daemon prince means he spent over 400 points on his HQ alone. Plus the rest of his craziness. It's too easy to maximus chedarus the Chaos codex...

I would like to apologize to you, on behalf of real Chaos players, for the actions of that power-gamer.

Usually it's too difficult to have the same power in a 1000 point list than what a chaos player can afford in 2000 points. It's just a different class of list. Team games are fun, but generally you might want to look into sporting compromising lists to work together.

Better luck in choosing your opponent next time
Old 30 Apr 2005, 07:22   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Alrighty, this is what a fielded:

HQ:
Shas'el
plasma rifle, missile pod, shield genereator, hardwired multitracker -- 110 points

Elites:
1 XV8 Crisis Suit
twin linked fusion blaster, shield generator -- 68 points

1 XV8 Crisis Suit
fusion blaster, flamer, sheild generator -- 68 points

6 XV15 Stealth Suit
team leader upgrade, gun controller + 2 gun drones -- 205 points

Troops
12 Firewarrior team
Devilfish transport upgrade (multitracker, decoy launchers, targetting array) -- 220 points

8 Firewarrior Team -- 80 points

Fast Attack
8 Gun Drone Squadron -- 96 points

Heavy Support
Hammerhead Gunship
railgun, smart missile system, multitracker, decoy launchers --- 175 points

Total points: 1022 (a little too much, but the chaos player said he'd just add about 22 points to his army)

Note: My main intention was to try to field as many of my models as possible, therefore I didn't really get to equip my stealth and crisis suits as well as I had hoped.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 19:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

a Few cosmetic modifications I'd make would be to drop the SG's you really dont need them, TL the 'Els MP and swap the 8 FW doing nothing for 15 Kroot, more models ahoy

other than that, what was the terrain like? how did you go about the game?
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 01 May 2005, 03:24   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well, the terrain was basically a few building at each end of the table then there was a lot of patches of forest and jungle patches scattered throughout the main part of the table.

As for my tactics, I'd say that I didn't really use my FW's to their full advantage. For the first few turns they sat near the back of the table... I was hoping the chaos would charge in, allowing me to open up on 'em as they came into range. So basically the 'nids were basically on their own for the first little while, only receiving support from the crisis suits and stealth team.
Closed Thread