Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dumb question from someone who just started Tau and WH40k in general.
Closed Thread
Old 30 Apr 2005, 02:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Robogem Send a message via MSN to Robogem
Default Dumb question from someone who just started Tau and WH40k in general.

I have a question, might seem kinda dumb, but I just started today, and I bought the box with the fish transport vehichle (in the other room i forget what its called exactly) that comes with 8 firewarriors and 4 drones (2 on ship, 2 detatch) and I was sort of wondering...

For my Shas'ui (i think) or firewarrior squad leader, to control drones do I need to give him a remote and a single handed weapon (carbine is it?) or is it something like a backpack item (i dunno).

Thanks for your help, I hope to learn much from this community.
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you're not a hero, you're just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Dumb question from someone who just started Tau and WH40k in general.

Welcome to TauOnline Robogem Check out the stickies in the topics as you get started, and be sure to check out the Forum Rules.

As for what you model it with, there's nothing I can think of on the sprue that would represent the hardwired-drone controller. In that case, you could use the little hand control box along with a weapon of your choice (you can still use the Pulse Rifle too if you'd like). I think you are perfectly fine saying the hardwiring is in the Shas'ui's backpack, but otherwise, maybe that hand controller or something else (like a little antenna that attaches to the side of his head is more than adequate). It all comes down to your creativeness

If you're just starting - that's great! We can all definitely give you a quick jump start to get on your feet with this army here

Feel free to ask questions!

--Mal
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:07   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Dumb question from someone who just started Tau and WH40k in general.

Welcome! As far as we know, hard-wired wargear may refer to control systems partially implanted in the Fire Warrior's head. As long as it is obvious which model in the squad is the Shas'ui, you should be good to go.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

i'd advise painting the helmet and armour pad a different colour. it looks real cool and sets the 'ui apart
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Welcome to TO

as mal said, the representation of a controller isnt really manditory seeing as its hard wired, and the Tau dont exactly have a single handed weapon, both the carbine and Rifle are normal guns, the Drone controller doesnt exclude you from taking these as its a hard wired support system.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Robogem Send a message via MSN to Robogem

Wow that was really bloody quick!

Very active forum, I like it hear already. Rules read, I understand can't post statlines, advertise other sites, post p[20n or any of that stuff.

Thanks for all the help, I hope to devour all your souls... err... I mean contribute what I can (I think I'll be mostly taking advice first for a little while)
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you're not a hero, you're just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Our pleasure.

Drop by the Introduce Yourself board and give us a formal greeting. We can get to know you more there

Cheers!
Old 30 Apr 2005, 03:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogem
I hope to devour all your souls... err... I mean contribute what I can (I think I'll be mostly taking advice first for a little while)
too late it was gone long ago ^-^
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread