Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Validity of the FOF tactic...
Closed Thread
Old 27 Apr 2005, 05:36   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default The Validity of the FOF tactic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX

The hide & seek feature alone is what had most people screaming "Frommage!" about the Tau.
Don't forget about the abuse of the skimmer rules.* They absolutely despise that one.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 09:43   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: The Validity of the FOF tactic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:

The hide & seek feature alone is what had most people screaming "Frommage!" about the Tau.
Don't forget about the abuse of the skimmer rules.* They absolutely despise that one.
Ah yes, that one is pure, unquestionable beard. It is totally unsporting, especially against assault-heavy armies.

Of course, my IG just laugh and blow you to meat paste, and that precious Devilfish, but not everyone can kill Tau like IG do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 27 Apr 2005, 15:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:

Ah yes, that one is pure, unquestionable beard. It is totally unsporting, especially against assault-heavy armies.

Of course, my IG just laugh and blow you to meat paste, and that precious Devilfish, but not everyone can kill Tau like IG do...
ahh, so we have a confident gaurd player eh?

To be honest thats the attitude I like actually, instead of whining about this and that, this rule, that points cost, whatever the armies and the lists just use your force the best...be confindent...and just try and be the best tactican you can...that will win you games and also give you the best enjoyment out of your hobby!

Old 27 Apr 2005, 16:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I find being cocky just makes it worse for you in the end. Especially games where there is more than 1 opponent. People will spite you just because you couldn't keep your trap shut. Best be the humble and quiet guy who let the miniatures do the talking and walking.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 16:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

dont get me wrong...im not promoting being arrogant and cocky....but when you set out with confindence it always helps! And your allowed to get a bit arrogant when your as good as me ;D (beat that RJay!)

Edit by RJay: O please 42, your calling yourself good, thats an original way to show arrogance, or maybe not... Better luck next time... ;D
Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The only unit in a Tau army I could possibly see as 'Cheese' would have to be the wonderful Stealth Suits we are graced with. Jump Jets, Stealth Camoflage and the ability to waste a units firepower each turn, more if you employ more units. Definetely one of the best units available to Tau.

Crisis can use the Jump Suit Jets or whatever but it's hardly cheese, they are easily instakilled and cost so much it really hurts. Best left for Vehicles when equipped with FK or MP's IMO.

Or a Railhead

Of course, theres the Fish of Fury tactic. One tactic that I personally look at and think "Wow, that sounds really effective but I can hardly see it happening in 'Fluff'", so Ive never tried it. I could easily see people calling it "Cheese" however.

Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espi0N
Of course, theres the Fish of Fury tactic. One tactic that I personally look at and think "Wow, that sounds really effective but I can hardly see it happening in 'Fluff'", so Ive never tried it. I could easily see people calling it "Cheese" however.
Quick! Hide from Dizzy! lol 8)

The FoF tactic is "light cheese" when compared to some of the other tactics out there. For example: I had a SM army with all Marines with bolters and Rhinos...lets just say by turn 3 he unloaded his troops and opened up with 5 different squads shooting at 2 squads of Guants...that was the ultimate cheese right there...
Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sorry Au'nat I found that a bit hard to follow. You had an army with only bolters or your opponent did? Or you observed such a game? I don't think it's cheese at all, not even mild cheese to only use Bolters, in fact quite stupid considering Heavy Bolters are so cheap and Missile Lanchers and...

You get the picture

Quote:
Quote:
Of course, theres the Fish of Fury tactic. One tactic that I personally look at and think "Wow, that sounds really effective but I can hardly see it happening in 'Fluff'", so Ive never tried it. I could easily see people calling it "Cheese" however

Quick! Hide from Dizzy! lol
Why what now? We're talking about Tau, FoF is a slightly cheesey Tau tactic :S
Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry...messa nosa gooda englisha...lol

I watched a game where it was SM against Nids...The SM player had like 10 Rhinos filled with Tacticals and 3 Landraider crusaders with Tactcals aswell...the Rhinos and LR's trotted accross the board, and then on the 3rd turn, he unloaded and was in rapidfire range with all of his units; targeting like 3-4 Nid squads...it was quite painful to watch...That was cheesy right there!

Dizzy lives by the FoF tactic...I don't know what he wouldn't do without it! lol *hides*

And yes, the FoF tactic is "light cheese" as it only involves 1-2 units and their Transports...
Old 27 Apr 2005, 19:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Lol that 3 Crusader Game... would have been funny to watch.

Yeh, It's just my opinion about the FoF thing, can't see elite Marines getting their ankles shot by small weak aliens with large rifles and thinking
"Gosh darn it, what in the name of the Emperor do we do !!"

But it's still a viable tactic that I'll use