What can I do with this list
Closed Thread
Old 25 Apr 2005, 15:34   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Spectre17
Default What can I do with this list

I just splurged (a little) and got some more stuff...heres what i have so far:

1 Ethereal
2 FW boxes (i have one squad of 12 and 2 of 6)
1 Stealth team of 5 including Shas
1 Railhead

the FW squad of twelve is accompanied by the Ethereal
I want to get two Devilfish for the smaller FW squads and some Pathfinders but im not sure...whats the next step? I dont like Kroot cuz theyre ugly so dont suggest it
Old 25 Apr 2005, 17:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What can I do with this list

Don't worry...when I saw that you wanted some DF, Kroot were struck off my list! ^-^

Now, what can you do you say? Well, for the Stealth Team, I'd take all of the models and make them normal Shas'ui's, just becuase the Stealth Shas'vre is pointless to have. The 24 FW I'd take them in two squads of 12, just becuase the more the merrier, and put the Ethereal in one of them too. How many drones do you have? If you have 4-6, also take them as a squad, just to get some more models on the feild. And the HH speaks for itself.

The next step? Well, maybe read the Tau Mecha Bible for some neat ideas (link found in my signature). But for units, I wouldn't reccommed getting some PF until you are around 1500 pts...they tend to eat up points quite quickly. Maybe consider these options:
  • Devilfish (A must have! Maybe even 2? lol)
  • Crisis Suits (Maybe a Commander? But probably just normal Shas'ui's
  • Hammerhead or Broadsides (depends)

With a few more purchases, you'll be up to 1500pts in no time!
Old 25 Apr 2005, 18:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You have the beginnings of a good list. From here, try and get a 6th Stealth Suit, a couple of Crisis Suits and another Hammerhead.

Good Luck
Old 25 Apr 2005, 18:55   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks...ive decided to make two full teams of steaths and get a devilfish. I'll get another Shas'vre so that I can use it if i want (never hurts to have the option) and i have enough gundrones to make a squad of 6. all in all, before i buy anything, i have about 800 points worth
Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

That's a pretty good idea...2 Full Stealths and a DF...although you don't need the special model to make a Stealth Shas'vre...just paint him with a stripe or something to make him stand out from the rest.

lol...Yay! Another person who likes gun Drones...if I could have it, I would have drones in the Troop section maxed out! ^-^
Old 26 Apr 2005, 09:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I like the idea of running 2 full Stealth teams as well. Out of curiosity did you paint that one in your pic or is it already on the forums as a preselectable image? It's nice.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 14:59   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

On the topic of my avatar, I didn't paint that because it not my scheme...when i get my digital camera working ill change the picture to my Stealth Team's leader. My whole (yes, whole) army is painted with a base of Chaos Black with Midnight Blue highlights and Regal Blue eyes and Displays. Also, every squad has IR filters (its an army based on and for Nightfight)
Old 26 Apr 2005, 16:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sounds like a neat army! You really should have told us your army scheme (aka: Night Fighting) before you posted up your stuff, that way we would have been able to go with that idea...

For a Tau army wht IR filters, I would keep the Tanks to a minimum to match the stealth that you seem to be trying to achieve...maybe only have stealth suits by themselves in the Elite section! ^-^
Old 26 Apr 2005, 19:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

grab that pair of Fishes and a stealth suit and you'll be golden to play games, get another HH and you can play 1000pts ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 26 Apr 2005, 23:36   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

um...Dizzy, what i have so far i can confgure to be 900 pts, so adding two Fishes and a Railheadwould take me way above 1000; heres what i hav as 903 points:

HQ- Ethereal in FW1
Elites- Stealth Squad of five with Shas'vre with tracker, IR and two gundrones
Troops- FW1- 9 FWs with Shas'ui with tracker and IR (can be put in a DF when i buy it)
Troops- FW2- same
Troops- FW3- same but replace two Fire Warriors with Gundrones
Heavy- Railhead...i plan not to use this as much because it ruins my stealth aspect, although i could fit it in if i used sensor scramblers

Input?