Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Desire for knowledge relating to IMPERIAL ARMOUR VOLUME THREE - THE TAROS CAMPAI
Old 19 May 2008, 02:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Desire for knowledge relating to IMPERIAL ARMOUR VOLUME THREE - THE TAROS CAMPAI

Forgive me to ask, but I am extremely currious what this book has in it rule wise. I really don't want to buy a book for 80 dollars that I may never use. So, is there anyone who knows the rules for the tau models in this book? Or, is there anyway I can download a pdf that will show me the content of the book so I can know whether or not I would want to buy it?

Thank you for your time.
Macc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 03:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Desire for knowledge relating to IMPERIAL ARMOUR VOLUME THREE - THE TAROS CAMPAI

This post is very close to asking for copywritten materials, make sure to be careful about that in future.

The Forge World website had some pages photocopied on their site as a teaser for the book's release. I don't know if they are still there but you could look. There's a good bit of fluff in the book and a good few Tau units but it's all pricey stuff and the book is horribly edited I've been told. I wouldn't spend 80 bucks on it unless you really have that kind of disposable income.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 03:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Desire for knowledge relating to IMPERIAL ARMOUR VOLUME THREE - THE TAROS CA

The book is mostly fluff. It does contain the rules for the Tetra, Barracuda, Tigershark, and Manta; but other than that, the book isn't really worth it.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 03:45   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Desire for knowledge relating to IMPERIAL ARMOUR VOLUME THREE - THE TAROS CAMPAI

You would be better off buying Imperial Armour: Apocalypse if you just want useable rules for the 40k flyers. The rules for the Crisis Suit variants are exactly what you would guess from looking at them. One has a Markerlight, one has a Smart Missile System, and one has Iridium Armour. Neither of the suits with extra weapons contains any special rules for using them, as Forge World was pretty lazy about it. So they don't work very well. I would not buy the book unless you are interested in the background. The rules alone do not justify it.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 10:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default IA3

IA3 would be an excellent library book. It's pretty, it's large, it's hardcover, and it's fun to read. The pictures are fun, the story is fun.

However, it has no real rules.

It is no IA5. IA5 is the only book to date that appears to be worth the price tag, as it is a relentlessly, one might say hideously, detailed work covering both the fluff and the kewl toys. Many of said toys would never see combat, but wow, they are so awesome to behold. God help me if IA6 is as good, because I can't afford to like it.
Old 19 May 2008, 10:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Desire for knowledge relating to IMPERIAL ARMOUR VOLUME THREE - THE TAROS CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
This post is very close to asking for copywritten materials, make sure to be careful about that in future.
It doesn't sound like it to me. He just wants to know what it contains - he's not asking for a complete copy of the book.

Macc, Forgeworld has a list of the book's contents here. It's got rules for everything in sections 2 and 3, and army lists for the items in section 5. The rest is mostly fluff.
Abanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 14:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's got rules for Tau in BFG and Epic too, if that's your thing.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 23:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abanim
It doesn't sound like it to me. He just wants to know what it contains - he's not asking for a complete copy of the book.
If I didn't think a reminder was needed I wouldn't have said it, the post wasn't immediately clear what it was asking for and came close to asking for rules, like the first sentence might have been implied. Clarity of meaning is important as well.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote