Default batrep tau VS grey knights with pictures

Got a fast one for you.

Did 3 40K games yesterday and this one was with my tau

Points-1,850
Table-4'X8'
Mission-meat grinder

TAU-
HQ-
-shas'o XV8 crisis suit with:iridium armour, stimulant injector, hard wired multitracker, hard wired-drone controller with 2 shield drones, fusion blaster, missle pod , shield generator
HQ2
-shas'o XV8 crisis suit with, hard wired multitracker, hard wired-drone controller with 2 shield drones, fusion blaster, missle pod , shield generator, hard wired target lock, hard wired black sun filter
retinue-
2 shash'vre with twin linked missle pod, plasma rifle, hard-wired drone controller with 2 shield drones, hard wires multi-tracker, hard wired target lock, hard wired black sun filter, bonded

TROOP
1-6 fire warrior ,bonded
Devilfish-disruption pod fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, seeker missle
2-6 fire warrior, bonded
Devilfish-disruption pod fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, seeker missle X2

HEAVY SUPPORT
1-hammerhead-railgun, disruption pod, fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock
2-hammerhead-railgun, disruption pod, fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock
3-hammerhead-railgun, disruption pod, fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock

FAST ATTACK
1-8 pathfinders with pulse carbine, bonded, rail rifles X3
Devilfish-disruption pod fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, seeker missle X2

GKREY KNIGHTS
HQ-
grand master with psycannon

TROOPS-
X2 5 man storm trooper squads

ELITES-
X2 10 man GK terminator squads psycannon/incinerator

HEAVY-
X3 dreadnaught with las/DCCW and incinerator

I actually helped to design his list and it is usally very effective. so to give him a bit of a challenge i put him up against my tau-

turn 1-
i went first and moved all my units to engage-

By turn 2 my shas'o tank hunter arrived but failed to do anything to the dread he was after(other than annoy it), but the other 2 fell to hammerhead fire, and imanaged to drop a few strom troopers as well.

In turn 2 one of his terminator squads hafd arrived. i know he was thinking he could get a quick kill and/or force my second HQ to flee. it was a bad deployment decision however. he killed a grand total of 4 shield drones and i made leadership check. with as much plasma and as many munition shots i had on him i quickly worn down his squad, although the shrouding did help him out a bit. saving him from a 3rd hammerhead. his dread assaulted my lone shas, and i figured he was done, but no he lost only a single drone, i thought i could flee but then passed LD and stayed in CC with a dread :

On turn 3 his second squad came in, and yet again he went after my second HQ, i did even more damage to that unit, his other unit broke right and decided to go after some transports, downing one and killing all the firewarriors inside in subsequent shooting. my lone shas was still being slapped around by a dread lost another drone and yet again made his LD check ??? (i was rolling 3s and 4s).

At the end of turn 4 he conceded the game as both his terminator squads were below half and he had lost 2 of 3 dreads to my single fish, 6 warriors and some shield drones.

Had he deployed on the other end of the table first my deployed pathfinders would have been decimated and he also would have take far less return fire while making me re-position.
in the end his deployment worked to my advantage more than his.

EDIT By RZ: Nice BatRep, +1.
Old 19 May 2008, 03:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: batrep tau VS grey knights with pictures

Good job winning. Looked like you had some help form the dice gods.
Old 19 May 2008, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to OmikronAlpha
Default Re: batrep tau VS grey knights with pictures

Good battle report, really enjoyed it. Photo's were of particularly nice quality - would love to see some close up shots of some of your models!

I do have to say though, a quick spell check over the report would do wonders. It would really enhance the overall quality of the report.

Again, thanks for the great read!