Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

battle suits
Old 11 May 2008, 14:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to lich123
Default battle suits

I have always enjoyed using battle suits in my tau army, but to me the only good weapons are the fusion blaster and the plasma rifle. Any ideas?

Please do post properly next time as this is not some leet speaking site and do not double post as there is the edit button next to your post. Editted it already for you and consider this a warning - C_V
lich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 14:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to greatmaju
Default Re: battle suits

depends on what your facing. i havent got a plasma rifle, but the fusion looks good.

th flamers good versus swarms, havent the codex with me at the moment, and thats about all i can think of at the moment. sorry but it sorting out a tech problem, what about the missile pods?

*Note: may not be fun. contact your Apothecary before visiting.

Armies:
  • 6800 Pnts Templar Guardians (SM)
  • 1500 Pnts Necrons Deathguard.
  • 1000 Pnts Ork SKulGratz
  • ??? Imperial Guard/Inquisition.
greatmaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

might put on some missle pods for light armourd tanks
Old 11 May 2008, 22:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by lich123
might put on some missle pods for light armourd tanks
Taking Missile pods is a wonderful idea on the suits. With an effective range of 42" (After the move) and 2 shots a piece, it'll do wonders against taking out light tanks and infantry.

I like to set up my commander to hunt tanks. He's a bit pricy, but he does the trick. He's armed with a Fusion blaster and a Missile pod, Shield generator, HW Multi-tracker, I-Armour, Stimulant injectors, HW Drone controller and two Shield drones. Makes short work of those tanks that they hide on the far end of the battle field when he drops right down next to them.

As for elites, taking miss-matched squads works fine. There was a thread erlier this year about taking a combination of 2 Fireknifes(?) and a Deathrain as a team, giving them the best of both worlds. I've used this combination since then and found it to work wonders.

Flamers won't do you much, except when fighting swarms of IG and 'Nids with their low AS value. And if you're going to set it up for fighting swarms like this, I suggest making him a Shas'vre to take a CIB, to get those extra 2 shots over the Burst cannon with the chance of getting AP1 hits. Though, you won't be wounding any models with T6 or better with this suit... And deffinetly no tanks. And if you're having a squad to hunt swarms, taking a Fusion blaster in this squad won't be a bad idea in case you run into some Dreadnaughts or Terminators and similar.

Try to stay away from Burst cannons. Stealth suits have them, and that's fine. That's their job is to hunt infantry with them and to take objectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 23:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

read this about battle suit weapons, it works wonders

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=65022.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2008, 15:41   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

ok cheers for the help
and that battlesuit commander sounds amazing
+ that other forum realy helps alot
cheers again
Old 12 May 2008, 23:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

NP, i help out fellow noobs where/when ever i can ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2008, 09:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Just a few common configurations we like to use on our XV8's:

Fireknife: Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker. These are great at mid-to-long range firepower, and can pop light tanks as well as heavier infantry.

Helios: Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi-tracker. These guys are mid-to-short range, but great for taking out heavy infantry and most any tank.

Deathrain: Twin-linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array. Long range, anti-infantry or anti-light-armor firepower. These guys are relatively cheap compared to the previous two configurations, and do their job efficiently.

Also, a great weapon you may want to look at for your commander battlesuit is the Cyclic Ion Blaster. Equip it to a Shas'o, or a Shas'el equipped with a Targeting Array (you're going to want BS-5 to assure most of the shots hit, due to the weapon's low strength). Any 6's you roll to wound count as AP-1, which will negate any normal armor save.

I've taken out whole squads of terminators by equipping my Shas'el commander with the CIB, a Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, and Hard-wired Multi-tracker. You can also consider equipping the Stimulation Injector, and/or a Hard-wired Drone Controller and 1-2 Shield Drones to make him a tougher target to kill. This configuration is geared more towards anti-infantry fire, but can handle light armor. You can opt to use a Fusion Blaster instead of the Plasma Rifle to beef up his anti-tank capabilities.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2008, 20:05   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

okay, thanks.
EDIT By RZ: How many times do we have to say this is not a chatroom. You have the time to spell out your replies properly, please do so.
Old 15 May 2008, 16:50   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hi there,
didn't want to make a new Topic for a quite simple question :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTruthWisdom
Also, a great weapon you may want to look at for your commander battlesuit is the Cyclic Ion Blaster. Equip it to a Shas'o, or a Shas'el equipped with a Targeting Array (you're going to want BS-5 to assure most of the shots hit, due to the weapon's low strength). Any 6's you roll to wound count as AP-1, which will negate any normal armor save.
I've got the German Version of the Codex and i just can't find where it states that 6s counts as AP1, could anyone tell me a pagenumber?
Or is this some kind of "Too late for the Codex published rule" which can be found at the gamesworkshop homepage?
If so, where?

When you don't have the German Codex, eventually just tell me in which section I have to look.
In the Weaponry (don't know the correct English word, sorry :-X ) of the Crisis Suits the Codex only tells me that it's a new Weapon and so on...

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S.: Spell Check owns
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote