Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

battle suits
Old 11 May 2008, 14:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to lich123
Default battle suits

i have always enjoyed useing battlesuits in my tau army since they have good weapons to use, but am puzzled because apart from the fusion blaster and the plasma rifle nothin to me can do any real damage any ideas would be brill
lich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 14:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: battle suits

well flamers and burst cannons are good aginst orks and guants. Missile launchers are good for range and some anti-armor or high toughness targets.

Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2008, 02:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The tau crisis suits are among the most flexible models in the game because of their wide variety of weapon configurations. It all depends on what you want them to do. For killing hordes, take flamers, burst cannons, and the airbursting frag projector. For vehicles, the fusion blaster, missile pod, or plasma rifle. Against Marines the Plasma Rifle or burst cannons do OK. Terminators or their equivalents require the Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, or occasionally the Cyclic Ion Blaster. There are several tactica guides here and on other sites that go over how to best use the crisis suits and what weapons pair well.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2008, 02:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
The tau crisis suits are among the most flexible models in the game because of their wide variety of weapon configurations. It all depends on what you want them to do. For killing hordes, take flamers, burst cannons, and the airbursting frag projector. For vehicles, the fusion blaster, missile pod, or plasma rifle. Against Marines the Plasma Rifle or burst cannons do OK. Terminators or their equivalents require the Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, or occasionally the Cyclic Ion Blaster. There are several tactica guides here and on other sites that go over how to best use the crisis suits and what weapons pair well.
thanks for already saying what i said... :/
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2008, 12:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezy Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
thanks for already saying what i said... :/
He did go into quite a bit more detail...

Basically, if you only play Marines, I can see why you'd think that only the fusion blaster and plasma rifle are worth taking. Against any horde you'll discover that the fusion blaster and plasma rifle are painfully ineffective =) what happens in that instance is that you'll kill the same number of Orks/Tyranids/Guardsmen in a turn as you would kill Space Marines/Necrons/CSM/etc in a turn, but the O/T/G player has significantly more available to lose than the S/N/C/e player does, and you won't even dent his force whereas against the MEQ you'll vape squads every turn.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2008, 12:07   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

plasma rifles are always the way to go, they don't get hot and there powerful.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 22:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

I personally like The firestorm configuration (Missile pod and burst cannon with the multitracker). A full team gives you 15 shot at 18" (6 between 18"-36"). Great for GEQ.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 04:56   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I don't have any crisis suits yet except for my commander but I always give him a missle pod and then deep strike him to kill enemy vehicles. For the second weapon I give him a plasma rifle when facing MEQ and a burst cannon when facing GEQ as they both can hurt most vehicles (the back armor at the very least) and then mow down any infantry foolish enough to get in the way.
It all depends on what you're up against and what your crisis suits job in the larger army is.
Commander Fire Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 00:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

When building an army list, I usually flesh out the crisis suits last. Since crisis suits can fill so many roles, flesh out everything but 200 points worth or so and see what the incomplete list will have the most trouble with. If you're lacking horde-killing firepower, equip your crisis suits with burst cannons and flamers. If you are worried about terminators, go with plasma rifles and fusion blasters, or whatever else you need.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2008, 05:55   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Is this thread really supposed to be in 40k Creations? Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Anyways, I usually knit out the Commander's battlesuit first along with his bodyguards, if any, and finish the Crisis Suits last. Personally I prefer to give my Commander a Plasma Rifle and Missile Pod every game for MEQ and detail my other suits for GEQ, if need be.

This is a little off-topic but has anyone had any luck with the CIB? It looks interesting as a weapon but I'm a bit skeptical on how well it'll actually do out on the battlefield.