Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best enemy of Tau?
Old 06 May 2008, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Best enemy of Tau?

As the title says, which enemy is easiest to beat with Tau. Which enemy is most fun to play against? Oh, and which enemy kicks our asses the most?
slo_tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 19:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Best enemy of Tau?

First one, I think orks, we can completely meat their vehicles, and we can generally shoot them down before they get to us.
Second one, I think the Imperial Guard, they can have all sorts of tactics, which makes it fun to counter them.
Third one, I think Tyranids, they're scary in close combat, and can usually get there really quickly...

Harlequin2 8)
Making clowning around, a profession...
Harlequin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 19:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ditto.

Orks are a joke, they are so ridiculously easy for me to trash that I actually don't enjoy Ork games anymore (that's probably just because my local players aren't too great). As for most fun, I like playing IG since neither Tau nor IG have many close combat units. Tactics and good shooting become more important, something valuable to Tau. No worrying about having units get stuck in. Tyranids are generally a pain, with so many fast units only one really needs to hit your line before the game starts spiraling downhill.
Old 06 May 2008, 20:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionnach19
Ditto.

Orks are a joke, they are so ridiculously easy for me to trash that I actually don't enjoy Ork games anymore (that's probably just because my local players aren't too great). As for most fun, I like playing IG since neither Tau nor IG have many close combat units. Tactics and good shooting become more important, something valuable to Tau. No worrying about having units get stuck in. Tyranids are generally a pain, with so many fast units only one really needs to hit your line before the game starts spiraling downhill.
If they were smart they would take 20-30 'ard boys (4+ save) and lots of Nob bikers toting big choppas. if they try to out shoot you with lootas or Flash gits they are skrewed. WAAGH!ing early would help as well. they need to close fast or die fast...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip_II
PK nobs, Big Choppa bike boss, and Flash Gits!(oh wait that wasn't a tank, it was flying...) ;D
Shut it...
I love Flash Gits
Orks: W: 11 L: 4 D: 2
BA: W: 2 L: 4 D: 2
IG: W: 1 L:2 D: 0
Bretonnians: W: 2 L: 3 D: 0
Bretonnians ("Line Breaker"): W: 1 L: 0 D: 0
Clip_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 20:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I dislike space marines as until recently it was the only army any of my opponents used
Old 06 May 2008, 20:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

as far as a good match Id say orkies. As far as who is the most diametricly opposed Id say CC Nids
Old 06 May 2008, 22:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Orks are hilarious! But I haven't played an Ork player since the new codex came out but I think I can still handle them.

As for the hardest to beat I'd have to say Tyranids. Its probably a kind of unique situation but the nid player at my store is undefeated.... for six months hes been coming to weekend games.

So I've never beaten a nid army... yet. But I've beaten lots of Orks and more marine armies than I can count.

The Star Forger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 22:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I Think we can own chaos pretty easy ( last battle was 1000 points I lost 80 points and took out 750 ;D) I think IG is the most fun to play, and I think Eldar and Dark Eldar (they can do FoF but in CC :)
"Sir, we already burned everything in there...."
"I dont care, SHOOT IT AGAIN! Its the only way to be sure!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyxg
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
artivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 23:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to orkkrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Star Forger

As for the hardest to beat I'd have to say Tyranids. Its probably a kind of unique situation but the nid player at my store is undefeated.... for six months hes been coming to weekend games.

So I've never beaten a nid army... yet.
You really think the nids are harder then the Necrons? I am 4-1-1 against the nids (2-0 against nids in Apocalypse I'm 4-0 for appocalypse so far ;D). The one I lost was a total fluke, he got super lucky and I didn't make any good throws :P. I know three players who play necrons and the youngest is my brother (the other 2 have played since the begining) I mean I consider it a good game when I tie with the Necrons. Nids are a laugh for me I've had two games with out losing a single unit. I just outmaneuver them. I guess it would be a pain if you were a static army. But, my mech do perfectily fine against these giant bugs. Undead robot zombies scare me more then bugs....
Old 07 May 2008, 00:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

this will probably end up as ppl telling there own personal victory/loss stories... so i should join in ;D

i have played nids 2 times (at 400pt) and have won both... now the guy dosnt want me using proxie suits... :'(

i have a guy that plays necron at my club but havnt had a good game agenst him

and also the human helpers are legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote