Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orkziliaries- madness?
Old 04 May 2008, 14:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Orkziliaries- madness?

Since I'm going back to my Red Cadre Tau plus continuing the Red Cadre fanfiction I'm glad I didn't sell them ;D :), and I'm thinking of using my Boyz to proxy as kroot since most of my Kroot are still on their sprues, and for an excuse to still field my Orks.

I'll say that they are more embracing the Fire Caste rather than the Greater Good as a whole; with the Etherials/Shas'os using them at arms lenth- treating them as living weapons instead of citizens as it's just too hard/dangerous to bring them into society (they found that out the hard way >). The Orks are following a Nob/Warboss wearing an Orkoid Vespid Mask, as they wouldn't otherwise take orders from a Tau. But even then, the local Fluff Nazis would no doubt crucify and hang me above the club entrance as a warning to others. ;D

I could properly model them to look like an Ork version of Gue'la; though that'll make my Boyz look like 'aload'a gray-skin lovers' if I do play as Orks again.

Edit: Actually, maybe this should have gone in the Tau forum. Moderators are welcome to move it over to there.
Old 04 May 2008, 17:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Orkziliaries- madness?

Sounds interesting

Actually there is currently an argument thread about whether orks could serve the greater good

if you're interested here's the link, http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=64697.0
Old 04 May 2008, 17:33   #3 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

Isn't there an entry on the "Kroot Mercineries" list for "green Kroot"? Kroot that have absorbed Ork DNA and taken on some of their traits. Also I think I read something (maybe in Firebase?) where the etherials/ earth caste had added Tau DNA to Orks so that they would respond to pherimone control like all the other tau. That would be a good enough reason to use orks in a friendly game.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 01:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

orks don't follow anything except being Orky- which is decidely polar opposite to the Tau'va. However, both Tau and Orks have been seen fighting alongside one another. The Empire uses them in small numbers as mercenaries while the Orks are known to sometimes temporarily ally with a variety of races in trade agreements.
Old 05 May 2008, 03:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to The_One

Here's a suggestion...make them Kroot but tell people that they ARE Kroot infused with Ork DNA so they don't suck in CC!!!

Now here's what you do...make the Warboss Tau looking *like Tau armour and what-not* and that the Orks followed him and therefore serve the Tau as soldiers
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

As long as you work into your army fluff something along the lines of the Tau/Ork alliance being both local ........ and temporary, I think that even the fluff lawyers would agree that it is possible ........ on a local/temporary basis.

Best Regards,

Old 05 May 2008, 12:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Orks will ally with prettymuch anyone provided theres good grub involved
Old 06 May 2008, 01:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you just have to love loyalty like that :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 08:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
orks don't follow anything except being Orky- which is decidely polar opposite to the Tau'va.
As I said in the other thread, there's actually a surprising similarity between Tau following the Greater Good and Orks on a Waaagh. A Waaagh is about not fighting one another so that you can all fight someone else; while the Greater Good is about not fighting one another so that you can all do something else together - which often turns out to involve fighting someone else.

Of course, Orks don't actually cooperate enough to engage in a Waaagh unless they're under the command of a warboss who both promises them a steady supply of enemies to fight, and threatens to thump any of them who don't do what he says. Still, this leaves open the possibility that a sufficiently skilled and lucky Tau (in a battlesuit, presumably) could establish dominance over a leaderless mob and direct them for his own ends - at least, until one those Orks decided to make a play for the top job.
Abanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2008, 11:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yes, which is why Orks can join the Greater Good, but not as wide spread as Kroot due to the difficulty and special conditions involved in getting Orks to comply; and even then they are only part of the Fire Caste and somewhat distanced from the Tau forces.