Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hello
Old 03 May 2008, 14:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Hello

Yes, yes, the undead is creepin your forum :shifty:

Actually, due to my love of shooty armies, I was thinking of branching out beyond necrons and the bolter b.. I mean sisters of battle and starting a new race. Right now it is between SMurfs, Tau, and Tyranids.

I'm leaning towards Tau though. Sell me your army and how awesome you are :shifty:
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 15:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Hello

Well, quite simply, if you love shooty armies Tau win. Out of Marines and Nids, they have some of the greatest guns in the game and most of the army is based around solid shooting.

However, another reason Tau may interest you is because of their maneuverability. Most Tau units are very fast or can be equipped with a transport, meaning that you can run circles around slower opponents. Sisters of Battle don't really have the same speed and neither do Necrons, so the Tau may give you a way to exercise a different, more mobile army.

That's my .02 at least... they also give off a more modern infantry feel (for me at least) if you're into that sort of thing.
Old 03 May 2008, 18:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes I am in love with shooty armies. After seeing what a 600 point Tau HQ can do, it's made me tempted to give them a try even more

I like an army with some flexability that can adapt, which is why I first thought eldar. After some testing with them I think Tau is for me however.

The fish of fury tactic just sounds too apealing I will be reading the topics around here and posting a list soon I believe.
Old 05 May 2008, 00:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Realize that the Fish of Fury tactic won't be as viable in 5th edition, because you won't be able to shoot under the Devilfish. You will still be able to perform the maneuver, but will have to jump out the side and fire away from the fish.

Now to convince you to play Tau. If you want a flexible army, the Tau are a good choice. You can arm your suits with any style of weaponry to fullfill multiple rolls. The basic Fire Warrior weapon can be used to take out infantry, heavy infantry, and light vehicles. You can add auxiliaries to your army to give you different options as well. The Tau are great fun, and I would highly recommend starting them.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 02:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

also to get you to play tau, have you ever played agenst them and hated the jump packs? now u can see it from our point of view

and according to rumor, it will be better in 5th ed ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 04:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes, Fish of Fury is getting nerfed a bit, but I believe that you can work a refused flank tactic into your lists designs possibly to compensate.

I have many things to test out

Also, I have not been able to play a good Tau player on VASSAL yet. I hope to find someone on there that is godlike with Tau
Old 14 May 2008, 08:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

The thing I like best about using Tau is the amazing manoeuvrability of strong firepower. The Jump-shoot-jump has won me most of my games with Crisis suits and if used correctly the XV 8s can be used too completely cripple an enemy army. Also with the vast amount of weoponry and wargear they can be adapted to deal with almost any situation.

"All I know is my gut says maybe."

"Your neutralness, it's a beige alert!"

"If I die, tell my wife.... hello."
GWIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2008, 22:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

First off, superior firepower in the common troop. With the strength of the pulse tech, you can wound most on a 3 or better. Second, as mentioned above, the ability to jump-shoot-jump with a large chunk of your fighting force is just kick ass.

However, one of the greatest (IMO) aspects of the Tau way of battle is the limited close combat capabilities of the army. What I mean is that you cant go rushing headlong into combat and hope to push the other guy back. I had Chaos Marines prior to fielding my Tau army and it took many games for me to break the habit of rushing into the enemy. And just as many to quit hiding along my deployment lines.

Tactically, I am a far better player thanks to my Tau army, and I've learned a trick or two that I'm going to try with my chaos marines. Granted I still suck, but hey, I'm getting better. :'(

If you like to challenge yourself tactically and strategically (perhaps financially too) then Tau is the way to go.