Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

kroot forge world ?
Closed Thread
Old 21 Apr 2005, 18:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default kroot forge world ?

i was looking at the forge world minis the koot stuff looks really cool but are they good to use or are they like the Krootox

let me know info on
KROOT KNARLOC RIDERS
KROOT GREAT KNARLOC WITH BOLT THROWER
KROOT BAGGAGE GREAT KNARLOC
KROOT GREAT KNARLOC
they look so cool ii just mite get them for looks but i would lov info on how to use these guys in a battle

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 21 Apr 2005, 18:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: kroot forge world ?

We cannot give ya rules, tis illegal, but some may have them and use em
Old 21 Apr 2005, 19:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique
We cannot give ya rules, tis illegal, but some may have them and use em
\\
I dont want the rules i just want tactics on how to use them in battle.

Old 21 Apr 2005, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think I have ever seen anyone develop tactics for them, rare as they are. Forge World models tend to be overpriced in points (and $) for how effective they are in a battle. I imagine that they would share many of the same tactical considerations of regular Kroot Carnivores or the Kroot Mercenary list.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 20:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have used a Kroot army (borrowed) and I must say that the Knarloc riders are by far the best Kroot out there. Better than the Giant Knarloc (although the bolt thing on the Giant Knarloc is pretty good).

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 03:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8

You might be able to find something to get rules for your kroot herehttp://groups.msn.com/KompletelyKroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Old 22 Apr 2005, 08:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I can give you some info on them, but actualy based only on rules as i don't have the models and never tryed to proxy them.

First Knarlock riders: They are fast attack choice they move as cavalery and they are much tougher also they have stronger attack. So thy are fast, they are resonably tough (can't be instakilled as easily like krotox)have good amount of attack and they are separate squad. But they can't infiltrate.

Great Knarlocks are usually wery similar, they are toug beast with good score of wounds and attack and they have rending.

Except baggage kroot they are HS.

Normal Great Knarlock is acompanied by squad of kroot (which must have shaper) and shots are distributed betven squad and knarlock, but if you lose the kroots then Knarlock will probably run away.

The Baggage knarlock is weaker version of normal Knarlock with poorer statline and fewer kroots.

But From the Grat Knarlocks the best one is The one equiped with weapon, it doesn't need any acompanyiing kroots so he is cheaper and isn't that wulerable to loosing all the kroots. And he heave all the stats of the Normal Great Knarlock. Plus he have assault weapon with good range and fair number of shots which could be upgraded so it is stronger and with blast. And not for that much, or you can upgrade the bolt thrower to kroot gun (it is not worth it as it is rapid fire weapon).

All the Krotoxes have a fieldcraft skill, but they can't infiltrate. They all have fleet of foot rule.
And they can be taken in Kroot army in squads of 1-3 Great Knarlocks or in TAU army as one model per FOC choice and you need to include at least one squad of kroots before you can take this.

SO they are better than krootox and great Knarlock is only little more expensive than krootox.

Generaly thet have Good T and W walues and their S is really high, but their A and I walues are not that as great marines are still faster and normal shaper with kroot rifle have more attacks than them, and they don't have any reasonable armour save so massed heavy bolters or similar weapons could be a problem for them if they are not in cover. On the other hand Lascannon doesn't instakill them.

In my opinion Knarlock riders are good assault force as they have have good number of attack as a group and they are faster than kroots, plus they are more durable with better T and W.

And Mounted great knarlock is also fine as it is cheap, reasonably tough, and could be armed with good weapon, plus it could destroy any wehicle in game in cc.

The Baggage one is really as flavor unit, it is cheap but doesn't do anything, and Goaded Great Knarlock is fine but to be effective it need to be in cc, but they are good only in Kroot mercenary arme as only there they could be taken in squads.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 16:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Before the new I.A. was updated, all the rules for these units were available on their website via PDF but they were deemed "experimental rules." However, I'd like to know if they changed much.

The Great Knarlocs and Knarloc Riders are fantastic. I'd love to get some of those models just to have them. The rules for the Riders were fine. But the rules for the Karlocs were annoying. They weren't monstrous creatures, but since they're so huge, they still made special rules for actually hitting them since they are part of a Kroot squad. One had to roll dice when the unit took hits from the enemy, to see if each shot either hit the knarloc or members of the Kroot. I hated that because the knarlocs can be insta-killed (although they still had infiltration and fieldcraft - which is why it's not a monstrous creature, as well as fleet of foot). So for those of us that wanted the knarlocs to be monstrous creatures to give us some combat ability, they instead went with the normal kroot rules and simply gave it rending... and an awful ability where it eats nearby Kroot on bad combat attacks. Pretty annoying considering when all the Kroot that lead the thing are gone, that it has to pass a test or disappear itself as well.

I still like the idea of a Stealthsuit rich army with a large Kroot pressense with Crisis HQ's and a single Fire Warrior Squad mounted up. Just to field hordes of Kroot and throw in some Knarloc action. But of course, they limited what we can do with the models in Tau armies and made them mainly to be used in Kroot Merc armies. But we can still have hopefully dreams... I would have a blast with Shas'el; XV15 x 6; XV15 x 6; XV15 x 6; FW; Fish; Kroot; Kroot; Kroot; Kroot; Knarloc & Kroot. Suits to pave the road... kroot to step in the pot-holes!

Oh well - even if the rules are bogus, they're still great material for converting lost and the damned mutant rough riders
Old 22 Apr 2005, 21:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They're great models that look great on your shelf. As for usefulness in a real game... they're not worth it.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 02:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

what about Anghkor Prok this guy look cool i read his history how he kick the orks butt and read his stats he look like he can really be a lot of help for the kroot has any one every use this guy or seen some one use him??did he kick butt

Closed Thread