Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

building Farsight
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default building Farsight

Has anyone played the farsight council with 7 suits yet? I'm strongly looking at the options here and don't really see a value in a 7 suit bodyguard. Help me out
Shaso Wanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: building Farsight

7 suits.. 14 shield drones..

Ouch.
Uber expensive unit, give them all target locks too and whalla..

An army that came high in last years GT was a farsight army with a uber bodyguard unit :P

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 13:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i know someone who fields that list....

he takes farsight with a full bodyguard and a Shas'O to go with him - backed up by 2 hammerheads, a skyray, some piranahs (fusion guns) and loads of fire warriors.

EDIT: on second thought - is that list even legal, i thought farsight changed the FOC around.... :-\

that unit is actually one of the deadliest things i have ever seen. they can have whatever combination of weapons you decide to give them (the guy i just mentioned gives them all plasma guns and then scatters other guns/drone controllers around - the unit has something like 8 shield drones)

plus they are pretty nails in combat ( ) even with WS2/I2 in most cases - they are still ALL str 5 with 3 attacks on the charge - that puts a dent in almost any unit

i woulnt trust it in a tournament though - a few battle cannons would seriously ruin that (very expensive) squads day
Old 22 Apr 2008, 13:53   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Dornigdrache Send a message via Yahoo to Dornigdrache

I used to run Farsight, 7 bodyguard, and 14 drones often. Of the many times I used it I only lost the unit once, and that was to dreadnoughts in combat that killed farsight, then ran down the rest. Aside from that, there was only one other time when my opponent killed all the drones! Most of them I ran as Fireknives, but I had a few Helios and a Missile/Flamer. Markerlighting for that unit caused amazing amounts of pain. Then, when they do charge, thats 5 str 5 attacks that ignore armor, 21 more str 5 attacks, and 28 more str 3 attacks. Crazy.
I do not use it anymore, due to being kind of a one-trick pony, and all the other players in my game store hating me. Also, a 900 or so point HQ is pretty sick in any size of army (mine was 2000).
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah I'm thinking all fireknife with HWTL and HWDC and 14 drones. I was going to back it up with a 6 man FW unit, 2 x3 deathrain units, 2 units of 10 kroot, 3 gun drone squadrons, a 3 BS with 2 SD, and some PF to mark with.

I'm still tinkering. My one worry is the footprint is huge, so hiding seems undoable. Perhaps just stand up and shoot is in order

yikes Tau on the advance on turn 1 :-X
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

why all fire knife?
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 18:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, even before the charge a unit like that can pack a LOT of assault weapons. So you can pretty much pump the unit full of missiles, pulse rounds, fusion rays, ion rounds, flame templates, maybe even a AFP pie plate ON TOP of the attacks you'll have on the charge...suffice to say, not even a 10 man termie squad could stand up to that kind of fire power. >
MentosMkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 18:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerjigormDeExile
why all fire knife?
Thats 7 or 14 Str6 ap2 shots and 14 str7 at essentially BS5 shots per turn...it just makes things go away

Old 22 Apr 2008, 18:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

But you can't charge after using a rapid fire gun though can you?
MentosMkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 18:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentosMkr
But you can't charge after using a rapid fire gun though can you?
who wants to charge? that kind of dakka makes termies go away, then jump away in the assault