Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Demon Princes?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Demon Princes?

one of my friends recently started playing Chaos (he's been playing warhammer for several years though) recently and i played a 1000 point game with him last saturday. i lost terribly mostly because:
1. i didn't remember that terrain is template based not what you see, so my setup was all wrong
2. i had a bad list because i only have a commander and a railhead so I had to rely on whatever GW had on display
3. i didn't take the inititave by attacking his transports early in the game and all of my army was annilhated within a few turns

anyway, one thing that really annoyed me was that i had 3 crisis suits in an excellent position to wipe out a squad of chaos. he used Lash of Submission to move my squad 10 inches towards him and they got into close combat with about 10 chaos space marines. i forgot how the commander near them died, but i think he was shot or assaulted; i don't remember. he also used Lash of Submission to move my stealth suit squad, which got them killed near the end of the game as they retreated from his approaching army.

if I ever play him again, i don't want to get destroyed by Lash of Submission again. how do I kill demon princes, though? From what I can remember it had a 2+ armor save, a 5+ invulnerable save, 4 wounds, has leadership 10 so he probably won't fail the psychic test, Lash of Submission has a range of 24 and it can move units up to about 2D6 i think. so plasma rifles won't work, but the only thing I can think of is to shoot him with railguns, but that's a waste of firepower that could be taking out tanks. so do I just play cat and mouse with him all game and just try to wear him down? does anyone have any advice?

whoops, i didn't realize that it's called Lash of Submission. Maybe i got it confused with another chaos god or something.
Elitehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Abadon the Despoiler (i think that's what it's called)

Abaddon cannot use the Lash or any other phychic power your friend didnt play him correctly

the best way of killing abaddon is lots of dakka heavybolter type stuff with enough shots players will fail armour saves

Timokrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:42   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome
Abaddon cannot use the Lash or any other phychic power your friend didnt play him correctly

the best way of killing abaddon is lots of dakka heavybolter type stuff with enough shots players will fail armour saves
im almost positive its called Abadon, but I may be wrong.

that's the problem though, the only thing that has some chance of killing him is a pr, but that's in range of his psychic power. and i already covered railguns in my first post.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

probably abaddon and a sorcerer? a big scary daemon prince?

ive been known to use 2 hqs in 1000 pt games just because chaos had a low amount of models per use.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
probably abaddon and a sorcerer? a big scary daemon prince?

ive been known to use 2 hqs in 1000 pt games just because chaos had a low amount of models per use.
he has 1 HQ I think. ill have to ask him tomorrow. he is using a list from the new codex in case anyone didn't know.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Why was Abaddon being used in a 1000 point game?
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

wait...lucius?
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm pretty lash counts as a shooting attack. Meaning if you played your stealth suits right, you had an extremely low chance of being grabbed.

As for Abaddon, he's a hard nut to crack, but concentrated plasma or Rail Cannon fire hurt him. When he's joined to a terminator squad...well, that requires it's own tactics. Check some of the stickied tactica discussions for the Tau army located at the top of our board. Many are very helpful guides on how best to utilize our different units.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:59   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
wait...lucius?
what?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 06:04   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
I'm pretty lash counts as a shooting attack. Meaning if you played your stealth suits right, you had an extremely low chance of being grabbed.

As for Abaddon, he's a hard nut to crack, but concentrated plasma or Rail Cannon fire hurt him. When he's joined to a terminator squad...well, that requires it's own tactics. Check some of the stickied tactica discussions for the Tau army located at the top of our board. Many are very helpful guides on how best to utilize our different units.
well his list has a lot of transports and my list has a lot of missile pods, so i might be able to focus at least 1 of my 3 hammerheads at Abaddon. he also has 2 vindicators, but those can be avoided with their 24 in range.