Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau weapon options
View Poll Results: Should crisis be allowed to take two of the same weapons and not be forced to have them twin linked?
Yes 11 64.71%
No 6 35.29%
MARINES!!! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 20 Apr 2005, 22:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau weapon options

ie

Should A Crisis suit be allowed to armed with two plasma rifles, shield generator and a hard wired multitracker?

Or should it be forced to use the a twin linked plasma rifle or a single rifle
Old 20 Apr 2005, 23:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tau weapon options

Kind of unclear there... If you have two rifles, it forces you to TL.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 23:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to CommanderAce

Not much to argue either way on this one, so I said yes, because crisis suits really don't have a lot of firepower as you need so many of them to actually cause some damage to a tactical squad. *Of course there would need to be an increase in points *^-^. *It would also make the shas'el and especially shas'O more worth it.
-Achilles in Troy
All my life, I've lived by a code and the code is simple: Honor the gods, love your woman, and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!
-Hector in Troy
I think the slain care little if they sleep or rise again.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 23:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Short Answer: No.

Longer Answer:
  • Having two weapon system that are exactly the same on the Crisis suit would simply make them broken. We would have nothing but HQ/Elite heavy armies filled with double weapons all over the place. This would be the equivalent of the Eldar War Walker--however, those things are powerful yet as fragile as can be to make up for it (a glass cannon so to speak). Of course we would all like to have dominating firepower--but having two sets of Plasma Rifles on a single suit? That's too much. That's 4 rapidfire shots. Even worse, Missile Pods would rule the game. I wouldn't even bother with plasma when I can have a single Crisis team of 3 XV8's outputting 12 Missile Pods each turn at 36 inch range. That means I could have 9 in my Elite selections, making for 36 Missile Pod shots a turn--for very arguably cheap. That's pretty broken. The same is true in terms of the burstcannon as even that would quickly become too good. You may even see Tau running around with double-flamer suicide burn squads just because it's actually powerful enough to give it a go--two flamers would be cheaper than dirt and no one can argue with 6 flamer templates on a suit that would cost 47 points a piece. That's just retarded-broken. These suits would give new meaning to markerlight armies and resurrect the Pathfinder. You would have pure Crisis suit armies backed up by Pathfinders and maybe a Hammerhead here and there. I'm not saying that it would be a good army, but that kind of firepower is doubling what we can currently do. The Commander battle suits would be way-over-cheese, even compared to a Winged Hive Tyrant. A Shas'O with two Plasma Rifles at rapidfire range? That's half a marine squad just by himself. Have two of them running around and you have a broken disgustingly powerful workhorse on the battlefield. Way too powerful guys.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 23:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderAce
Not much to argue either way on this one, so I said yes, because crisis suits really don't have a lot of firepower as you need so many of them to actually cause some damage to a tactical squad. *Of course there would need to be an increase in points *^-^. *It would also make the shas'el and especially shas'O more worth it.
The only increase in point would be the cost of weapons

TL Plasma rifle 24 pts

vs

Plasma rifle 16 pts
Plasma rifle 16 pts
HW Multiracker 10 pts

42 pts

I think that looks fair, 20 extra points is alot.

I dont think this would over power the tau, I already use a suit heavy army and before I picked up on the forced TL rule I played it. To me the choice is a gamble and a personal preferance.

Get a max of 2 shots but get them almost everytime, duble the shots but no rerolls?

This could only be over powered if you used it on your HQ with bs of 5, but honestly, the tau deserve it. Marines are getting more overpowered day by day and assault is getting more and more common, the Tau need to be able to "go full out" and fight back.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to joeboy77

While I agree with the whole "Tau units need more on their favor" arguement, we tau players should stop playing (or in that sense, seeing our Tau) as Marines, which they are not !

Having such a powerful suit will be great and we'll win a lot of games, but in all sense of fairness, that's out of proportion. Even a tanked-up genetically enhanced power-armor toting space marine will fall with 24 rapidfire pulse rifle shots (see the Skimmerfish Shield move for more info... aka Fish of fury)

O0 O0

So get off yer butt and go for your dreams !!

Please Visit http://www.forevermorejewellery.com

Do you know that WoW spelled backwards is WoW ??

Read it upside down, it spells MoM...

Freakky
Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't know about having every crisis suit able to carry two of the same weapons, but I think they should make something like an 0-1 extra weapons crisis suit team in the elites section that cost a slight bit more but can carry two of the same weapon.

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Im just pissed off by assault marines.

For less then 250 points they can have full sqaud of assault marines, this sqaud can get anything within 18' of it. On the standard 48' table thats fast, because you can start up to 12' in.

A any marine player can use the terrain to get full cover, blocking LOS.

In many battles its common that I never even get the chance to shoot incoming jet packers. At best I get one free turn to shoot if I go first and one turn after as he is still leaping across the board.

For the cheese of the assault marines, overpowered HQs, and stupid special rules I think they can afford to give me the chance to kill a extra marine or two.

The tau are supose to be mobile firepower, and with the stat of other armies the tau lack both of them.

The new jet bike rules allow things like necron destroys to move 12 and then 6 in there assault phase.

The best you can EVER do with a TW plasma gun is 12 marine kills. For a 120+ ptn HQ that is sad and weak.

Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

the destroyers dont get to move 6 inches in the assault phase(i play them) if that was to be they would be SICK!! they just follow the rules for movement not assult phase
[color=Green] How Abbadon got his hax.
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I wish my grass was emo... then it would cut itself.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yea, I'm pretty sure GW wants marines to come on top most of the time as they are the main sources of fluff, but somewhat cheap as they can be, they are not unbeatable at all, and tau already have enough in their arsenal to squash marines.

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Closed Thread