Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Special rule help (accute senses)
Old 15 Apr 2008, 02:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Master Hitaza
Default Special rule help (accute senses)

i dunno its probably been allready asked b4 but yer on edition has the accute senses special rule in the universal special rules section?

and yer if u know exactly what it is can u elighten me. the codex only sez that crisis suite wearers can fire rapid fire weapons as if they arnt moving. eg.. as if they were assault weapons

wanna talk via msn? plz do look at profile (no freaks please!) :P

Wir tun nur, was Wir nur tun koennen
Master Hitaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 02:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ACE666
Default Re: Special rule help (accute senses)

Please use proper grammar and language. It is in the forum rules and the Mods like these rules to be followed. spelling doesn't matter so much

as for acute senses, yes our suits do have it. it is part of their special rules, read the codex, they also have deep strike, and some other special rules located in the armoury and (i think) in their relevant section in the codex.

To find out what acute sense is you will need to read the main rule book
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
ACE666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 02:24   #3 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

*deleted previous post*

ACE666 beat me to it.

What he said plus you can find the Acute Senses on page 75 of the main book.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 02:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Also Independent Characters have Skilled Rider and Move Through Cover

also found in the Universal Special Rules section of the main rule book. page 74

Yes, welcome to the forums. I do suggest that you read the posting rules, as it will save you a lot of trouble later, one of the biggest no-noes here is the posting of actual rules. And what your asking a relatively simple rule. But if you need clarification don't hesitate to ask.
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 15 Apr 2008, 05:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well i dunno but can sumone give me a brief summary of that rule.

but yer if it has no other info in the rulebook to what it is (eg.. basically it referring me to the rulebook is useless as i have all the info needed), then its ok and no need to explain but a nod would be grateful.

So i guess that's why there is a spell check down the bottom then as they want everything perfect. Well i better before i get knocked back by the grammar police :P and thanks for the welcoming but yer i was allready a member but i could remember my password and that lost password thing won't work at all.

Old 15 Apr 2008, 09:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

The rulebook that we are referring to is the main rulebook, not the Tau codex. You need it to play games.

Basically the run-down of the rule is something like being able to re-roll night-fight distance checks or something.

I don't have a main rulebook, i use my friends or a store copy.
Quote:
Old 15 Apr 2008, 09:37   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok that just confused me, my rulebook isnt really the latest version so yer i haven't got this rule in mine. I'm planning to buy the rulebook i heard was coming out this year.

Old 15 Apr 2008, 09:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

On a related note,
I was arguing with another tau player as we couldn't decide if acute senses worked against stealth suits, their rule for shooting them says ".. as if firing at night"
But he argued and argued, then I said that my sms wouldn't ignore their stealth like he agreed earlier then he shut up :P

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 10:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Well, you should really have the latest, fourth edition rulebook regardless to play games with, because fifth edition is still a few months off at best and it'll be hard to play in the meantime.

And I'm not sure if we really can give you the rule you're asking for, we really can't give out statlines, point costs, anything like that which would be considered GW IP or we risk being sued.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 10:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah, thats what I'm trying to get around while still trying to help.

Basically, if you want the rule the you are going to have to read page 74 in the main 4th edition rule book.

You will NOT find this anywhere in our codex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim

I was arguing with another tau player as we couldn't decide if acute senses worked against stealth suits, their rule for shooting them says ".. as if firing at night"
no, this has nothing to do with firing at stealth suits, it says in the rule, it is for night-fight, not like night-fight.

Stealth Armour is its own rule. It has nothing to do with night-fighting, that line is just there to give a reference to something similar, SMS must test for night-fight and target priority, the only rule they are allowed to ignore is that of line-of-sight.
Quote: