Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Apoc] Tigershark
Old 11 Apr 2008, 20:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default [Apoc] Tigershark

I was flipping through my IA: Apoc and I noticed that the Tigershark and the AX-1-0 only have a BS of 4.
I checked the Errata and there's nothing addressing the drone-controlled turrets so...does it really have BS 4?
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2008, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: [Apoc] Tigershark

It calls them 'drone controlled,' I believe, and it also lists upgrades such as the Decoy Launchers even though it doesn't specify how they work. I would go with the FW rules for these, even in Apocalypse.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 22:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Awesome. 8) Thanks!

Wait though, I know it calls them "drone controlled" but it doesn't list the modified BS. And this is from an Imperial Armour book. (I'm just making sure you and I are saying the same thing, if indeed we are.)
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 13:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

He's talking about IA3: the Taros Campaign. It's got a lot more detailed rules for the Tau stuff. Especially the barracuda.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2008, 14:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I can see why this is confusing because the "drone controlled" bc turrets on the manta have bs 2, but if if it doesn't tell you another bs value it's the same bs as the other guns.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 22:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ah, could we get Vash or Crisis's views on this? I mean, no offense to ya'll, just they might give a more definite word. (Or Ravager Zero. T0nka, anyone of them. I would go on ATT about this, but they kill my browser too. -_-)

My source for this is Imperial Armour Apocalypse.

Old 13 Apr 2008, 22:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I don't own the Taros Campaign book though I would hazzard a guess and say if it directly specifies that the turrets are "drone controlled" and other units with that feature list the BS as 2, then I'd say use the BS of 2. Not the only interpretation but IMO the one likely intended and fairest.

Remember the Taros Campaign book was not edited, somehow the edited version was not sent to the printing company and instead the unedited version was and so the book is full of minor mistakes of various sorts. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one such case. ???

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2008, 22:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Okay. Thanks. ^^ Kind of a bummer, cause I was hoping that maybe IA: Apoc made the Tigershark even better (vain hope but y'know how it is. Shaft the Barracuda, strengthen the Tigershark and now everyone spends $120 to buy the uber-plane.)