Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question About Farsight
Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Question About Farsight

Hey guys,

Im new and this is my first post. Just a simple question about farsight. Can i use a model of farsight on foot? I have seen a model of farsight on foot, i have also seen pictures. Can i field this model with Ejection system rules? But still arm him with the dawn blade? Because i was looking at a army made of only infantry (includes Pathfinders and firewarriors), skimmers (includes Hammerhead, Piranha, devilfish and skyray) and drones. And maybe the old style Stealth suits.

Puresight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Question About Farsight

Farsight has to be armed exactly as he is in Codex: Tau Empire, so no ejection system.

By on foot, do you mean out of the battlesuit or just a non-flying battlesuit?.
Out of the battlesuit will take some converting work and the battlesuit on foot is done just as a normal crisis.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I was talking about out of the battlesuit. But what would his stats be?. And would i be allowed the army?

Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You could make it a "counts as" as long as its one the same size base and is clearly recognizable as farsight, the dawn blade, plasma rifle, and shield generator would be enough.

Stats would be the same, as the suit is unchangeable, but fluffwise they'd be -2S, -1T, -1W and a firewarrior's save.
It is impossible to get a suitless warrior out of troops and fast attack, but you can make "count as" battle suits.
If you wanted to make a house rule or something for it, a Shas'ui adds 1/4 to its points to trade a pulse rifle for an unarmed crisis.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I was reading a while back that there are house rules too give plasma rifles too fire warriors. Which means i can have the fire power of crisis suits without fielding them.

After all the fluff was that farsight didn't have another earth caste members to fix the crisis suits. So they gave up on them and went to goodness of Tau-Power. Meaning i could field lots of troops in a 3000 point army

Old 10 Apr 2008, 11:06   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Not really - farsight keeps his core of crisis suits very well equipped and maintained - he relies on the more than a normal army.

Just look how many you can take! Farsight is the premier suit user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 11:14   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I just love the Farsight "on Foot" Model so much and i really wanted too do something diffrent. i was just now thinking i could arm his "on foot" Bodyguard with shield gen (which i would put on there back instead of the back pack) and plasma rifle, one would have a twinlinked plasma rifle.They could be "Count As" Battlesuits. So he would only have 7. Any ideas are welcome.

Old 10 Apr 2008, 11:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puresight
I was reading a while back that there are house rules too give plasma rifles too fire warriors. Which means i can have the fire power of crisis suits without fielding them.
You do realise what a "house rule" is, don`t you? A house rule was made by a person just like you and me,and not by a GW official. You need expressive consent of your opponent to use them, and they are not allowed in any event that has some resemblance of officiality - tournaments, store events and so on most likely don`t accept house rules.

Frankly speaking, 90% of all House Rules out tere are Klkn. Most of them are written by people who have no firm grasp of the rules and/or the fluff, and are aimed to curb a characterisic weakness of a given army - I`ve seen Tau CC troops that were better than Space Marines; I`ve seen Ork Shoota Boys with BS 4, and so on.

My suggestion for the start is to stay away from Huse Rules. Play by the real rules; the ones in your Codex and the ones in your Rule Book.

Cheers,
-Bone

PS: As regards the "Farsight on foot"-model: you can of course make it. It will be a nice showcase model; or you could put Farsights Battlesuit on a larger base, in a de-activated pose, and put a "Farsight on foot" in front of his battlesuit.
There are jst no rules to have him walking around alone, without his Crisis Suit - fortunately! Without the Strength and T boost from the Crisis, he would be utterly useless in CC.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 11:27   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I know house rules are house rules. i don't really go to tournaments and store events. Thanks guys for your C&C.