Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

BatRep: 1500pt Weekend Tourney
Old 08 Apr 2008, 03:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default BatRep: 1500pt Weekend Tourney

Ah, my first battle rep. I'm finally able to sit in front of a computer, so I'll go ahead and post everything I can remember. It was a fun tournament, and I managed to win 2/3 games, tying for 2nd place.

My army list:

HQ: Shas'el Eldi'he - Plasma, CIB, Target Array, HWMT.

Elite 1: 2x Fireknife
Elite 2: 2x Deathrain

Troop 1: Warfish with 12x Shas'la
Troop 2: Shaper, 15x Kroot, Saves

Fast Attack 1: 5-man Pathfinder team, 2x Rail Rifles, Warfish
Fast Attack 2: 8-man Gun Drone squad.

Heavy 1: 2x BASS
Heavy 2: Railhead with BCs
Heavy 3: SkyRay with BCs

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The tournament was set up so that each round would feature a unique scenario.

Round 1: Your army was split into two halves (going by force org chart), and one half would randomly start on the battlefield. The other half would enter as reserves starting on turn 2. However, depending upon a dice roll, on a 1-4 they would deploy on your table edge, on a 5-6 they would deploy on a short table edge of your chosing, so long as they are deployed outside of your opponent's deployment zone. Victory Points is the name of the game.

My opponent: Necrons.

I always hate fighting the C'tan. I've never been able to beat them...the closest I've ever come is a tie. He fielded a Lord, a Destroyer Lord, two units of warriors, Destroyers, Heavy Destroyers, and a Tomb Spyder. I sat back, using my superior range to pick off what I could, but in the end I just couldn't hold them off. A first round loss over all.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Round 2: We deployed in opposite table corners, with the object of the game being table quarters. The special rule was - at the end of each players turn, you roll a D6. On a 4+, the rest of the battle is fought under night fight rules.

My opponent: Thousand Sons CSM

My first time playing new-codes CSM, and my first time playing against Thousand Sons. I'm happy to say, it was an easy victory. My opponent brought a command squad, two squads of marines with captains, a squad of terminators, and a smaller tank (forgot the name...had front armor 13 and was covered in Lasguns). First turn I wipe out the tank, blowing it up and catching some nearby marines in the blast. I continue to pick off the slow Thousand Sons with my superior range. The terminators arrived around turn 3, and my HQ managed to wipe out 4/6 in a single turn of shooting! Go CIB + PR!

Round 3: Suicide squad! We each had to designate a unit as a suicide squad. If they were killed, we would gain 150 bonus Victory Points. If not, we would be penalized 150 Victory Points. Also, at each 2'x2' intersection on the table, a meteor had a chance to hit at the beginning of every turn. Not going to go into detail as it wasn't a major part of the battle.

My opponent: Orks

My first time fighting new codex Orks! I always hated playing speed freeks, but today I was relieved to see no vehicles. Instead, my opponent brought a command squad which included a Mad Dok (or whatever it is), two gigantic 30-man Ork squads, an anti-tank squad using rokkit launchers. And a squad of Rokkit boyz. I designated my Gun Drones as the suicide squad, he his anti-tank squad. Turn two I manage to deep strike my gun drones, shoot into one of the 30-man squads, charge, and actually win combat! They didn't run unfortunately (could you imaging 8 gun drones killing 30 orks?), but the gun drones were eventually wiped, resulting in me receiving the bonus. As the game wound down, I had chewn through his rokkit boyz, one of the 30-man squads, a bit of his command squad, and was working away at his 2nd squad. My superior firepower and manueverability just had him running around in circles after me. He designated his anti-tank unit as his suicide squad, and I ignored it, resulting in him losing 150vp at the end. A solid victory for me at the end.

And that's it!
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 07:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: BatRep: 1500pt Weekend Tourney

A very nice little BatRep you've got there, especially for your first. It sounds like you had fun and got to play some interesting scenarios. The meteor part of the suicide squad game sounds really quite entertaining, but it's too bad it didn't really do anything to the battle. I can imagine that could really hurt an Ork mob, not that you needed any help.

Congo ratz on a tied Second,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 08:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If I could, I'd like to get some critique on my list. I'm happy as to how it worked, and slowly I'm realizing just how shooty Kroot can be, especially considering their low point cost.

All of my vehicles had the standard package; Multi-trackers and Decoy Launchers. The Warfish and SkyRay both got Targeting Arrays, the Railhead a Target Lock.

I'm really thinking about putting Flechette Dischargers back on my "tournament standard issue" list. Especially against those orks when they got close to my vehicles and thought they'd take a whack at it.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 16:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Good job congratulations on those victories. The last two games seemed fun.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 19:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTruthWisdom

I'm really thinking about putting Flechette Dischargers back on my "tournament standard issue" list. Especially against those orks when they got close to my vehicles and thought they'd take a whack at it.
I think you should do it, thanks to flechette dischargers my hammerhead once killed a deathwatch sergeant